Daddy's Girl

A/n: All you dirty minded people shush lol

*Y/n's POV*

Crying coming form our baby daughter Skylar's room woke me up in the middle of the night. It was dark and I sighed, starting to get up.

However Shawn, who was laying next to me, pulled me back down and closer to him before I could get out of bed. "It's okay, stay here," he kissed me lovingly, "I got this."

"Thanks, baby," I smiled and Shawn got up, pushing the covers off his bare chest.

Once he left the room, the crying soon stopped and I rolled over, trying to go back to sleep. But I couldn't, so wanting to be with my family, I turned on the light and walked down the hallway, stopping at the nursery doorway.

I watched as Shawn relaxed in the rocking chair with tiny Skylar in his arms. Her big eyes were wide open, looking at him, and her small hand was holding tightly onto Shawn's finger.

He had the sweetest smile on his face and his arms were wrapped gently around Skylar as he slowly rocked her back and forth. 

"Hey baby girl," he whispered and she smiled, "Hey hunny. I just need you to stay this small forever, okay? But no matter what, I'll always protect you."

I grinned big and put a hand over my mouth at how adorable this was: a grown man, Shawn, cuddling and being so soft with our baby daughter. What could possibly be better?

Skylar yawned, stretching an arm up over our head and Shawn looked up seeing me. I walked in and in and he talked quietly again.

"Hey Skylar, your beautiful mamma's here," Shawn looked over at me, "Can't sleep babe?"

I sat next to him, "No, not when I'm away from my family. Can I hold her?"

"Of course, darling," he gently handed her to me and I held her close to me as she started to fall asleep. 

Shawn stared at Skylar and I, "She looks just like you, you know. Just as gorgeous as her mommy."

I blushed at his sweetness , "Thanks, Shawny. She does have your eyes though and that makes her even more perfect."

"I love you so much. Both of you," Shawn grinned.

"I love you too," I slowly stood up, "I think she's asleep."

He nodded as I moved to the crib and placed Skylar gently down inside. She stayed asleep, her little hands resting by her head. I watched her settle, feeling Shawn's arms wrap around my waist, his chin resting on the top of my head.

"My two girls," he sighed happily, "The two most important people in my life. It feels amazing to be a parent and have your own baby. I have a daughter! I'll never get tired of saying that."

"Me neither," I agreed, "Skylar couldn't have a better dad."

Shawn kissed my head and reached for my hand, taking it as we returned to bed.

--------------

A/n: Sorry if that was short, but I hoped that you enjoyed this cute fluffy one. Also, I had to use the name skylar even tho everyone probably is rn, so don't hate me.

Anyways, thank you for reading and vote if you liked it!! :) :) I'll update soon!