One Day: For Kriti

Requested by Shawnyboi_is_cute.
I hope you like it! (ignore the bad title lol) 

*Kriti's POV*

We had been together since middle school when we were only twelve or thirteen years old. And we had continued dating, Shawn and I, through high school.

After that many years of being together and never once breaking up like so many other teen relationships did, I assumed that it would stay that way forever. Everything seemed perfect, until one day in the middle of twelfth grade when Shawn's ex, apparently still not over a very short relationship they had a long time before, came into the scene.

"Kriti, we need to talk," Shawn said as soon as I walked up to him one morning at school, "What is this?" He held up his phone and on it was a very blurry picture. In it, you could just make out the face of another guy at our school and in front of him was a girl with the same hair as mine facing away from the camera. And she was kissing the guy.

"What am I supposed to see?" I asked.

Shawn shook his head in disbelief, "You're seriously denying it."

"Denying what?"

"That you cheated on me!" he held up the phone again, "Lauren showed me this photo and that is obviously you." Lauren, his ex.

"Shawn that is not me," I said truthfully, "It's so blurry, how could you tell anyway? Plus, how can you believe your ex over me?"

"Kriti, no one else in the school looks that much like you. It couldn't be anyone else," Shawn told, "And why would Lauren make something like that up? She said she saw you with him. Making out."

I couldn't believe that he was actually taking her side over mine. "Shawn, I swear I wasn't with any other guy. I never cheated," I insisted. And I was telling the truth. I had never even talked to that guy before in my life. I didn't even know his name!

"I'm sorry," Shawn shook his head and put his phone back in his pocket, "I don't think I can date you anymore knowing that you could have done that."

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"I'm sorry, Kriti, but we're done," he said before turning and walking away.

But I didn't cheat, I thought, trying to make sense of what just happened. I just stood there until I started to feel the tears coming. Without thinking, I started to walk towards the school exit even though the school day hadn't even started yet. I walked out the gate just as a tear ran down my cheek.

A year later, my life was incredibly different. My career as a singer that I had been working towards for years had finally become a reality. But, the thing was, it did for Shawn too.

Since that terrible day, I had tried my best to never think about what happened or about Shawn, so I could try and forget it. But it never worked. The memories always came back and hurt me at random times. Eventually, I decided a good way to get over it would be to write a song about it. And that night, I was going to be performing that song live at the AMA's.

When I got on stage, I worried a little bit that I shouldn't have decided on such a personal song to perform. I mean, the only thing it was missing from being completely about Shawn and our break up was his name. I was sure if he heard it he would know exactly what it was about, but I started singing anyway.

At first, I kept it together pretty well, hitting all the notes pretty much perfectly. However, my eyes soon spotted someone I was hoping I wouldn't see in the crowd. It was Shawn and he was watching me, looking almost a little sad.

After I saw him was when I started to break down. The lyrics of my song hit me hard and brought back all of the memories of when Shawn and I were a couple. All of the emotions I had tried to hold in for more than a year started to come out. Tears start to fall down my cheeks and my voice cracked a couple times.

As soon as I finished singing, I rushed off the stage, not bothering to wait out there any longer. I quickly walked back to my dressing room and leaned my side against the wall next to the door. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to stop the tears that were now streaming down my face. Out of nowhere, I felt someone's hand be placed on my cheek, wiping a tear away with their thumb. It felt oddly comforting and familiar and I leaned my head into their palm. Then I opened my eyes and saw who it was.

"Shawn?" I whispered.

He gave a small smile, "Hey. It's me."

I stepped away, letting his hand fall back to his side. "What are you doing here?" I cried, "Haven't you seen me cry my eyes out enough already?" I hugged my shoulders and looked down at the floor.

"Hey, it's okay. It's okay," he cooed, "Please don't cry anymore."

I wanted to argue with him and say that it wasn't all okay, that I had just cried in front of thousands of people. But instead, I just accepted his hug and stepped into his arms. He put his hands on my back and I rested my head on his shoulder. "Shawn," I sniffed, "I didn't cheat on you. Ever. I would have never hurt you like that. I promise. I loved you and I...I still do."

"I know," Shawn said, "I know you didn't cheat. It took awhile, but I realized that. But I thought it was too late, so I never tried to talk to you again- Wait, did you say you still love me?" He had pulled away a little and looked into my eyes.

"Yes, Shawn," I admitted, "I never stopped."

Shawn smiled and brought me quickly back into a hug. "I understand I really messed up and you probably don't want to forgive me," he spoke, "but it won't happen again. Will you take me back?"

"Yes," I nodded. We stayed in the embrace for a while after that moment, both of us taking in how it felt to finally be together again.

_____

Hey, I hope this was good! I've been doing such long imagines lately lol

Omg guys, what do you all think of Youth?? I love it soooo much. Shawn's and Khalid's voices go together so well. Comment what you think of it and what song from sm3 is your favorite so far! :) (mine is in my blood)

I'll update soon<33