Chapter 3

Chapter 3. Mother

Home is 15 minutes away from work. Home is also were my parents and little brother live. In all my 20 years, I've always lived with my parents, finding no reason to move out. Yet.

Home is also an interior designing mess. But a pretty one. My parents house could be described with a few words: My mom just couldn't decide with the interior. But over the years it has gotten better.

The house is located in Cape Canaveral, near the beach. For obvious reasons. Dad needed a home near the launching site to supervise the rocket parts his company fabricated. And mom just followed him wherever he went.

We didn't always live here. We used to live back in New York where my dad's company is located after moving from South Africa, so he goes back and forth most of the time. I used to go with him every time until Elon offered me a job as Chief Engineer at Space X. Now I travel between Washington D.C, California, Texas and Florida.  Sometimes New York.

Noelle just cant keep up with me.

I arrived home between 8:00 and 8:30 pm. Surprised to greet my little brother and the housekeeper at the front door.

"Hey kid," I drop my things on the floor and pull him in for a hug. He was with my mom in LA so I haven't seen him in a week. That means mom is also home.

He smiled so big and started telling me about the things he did in LA when mom wasn't working, and I just stood there wearing the same smile while he went on and on. The kid basically went everywhere and bought every little souvenir that looked new.

We might as well start a business with all the souvenirs he has.

"Where's you're forgetful mother. She has an older kid, you know? The one she doesn't bother to text? Or call?" I ask, knowing that my beautiful mother just entered the entryway.

"So dramatic!" She laughs, clearly happy to see me. "How's my eldest?"

"Tired", I groan."Longest day ever I swear."

"Come on, honey. Patty cooked dinner, go eat something while I finish up in the living room," she shoos me away." Then I'll catch up with my forgotten daughter"

"You have people over?"

Patty and I start walking towards the kitchen and Reiner quickly grabs my hand, halting me for a second.

"Just Paul and Clarice" she answers, referring to her manager and assistant. "I'll see you in a bit"

She turns around quickly walking back from where she came from.