Chapter 29

Chapter 29. Welcome to the losing side.

Only the team of engineers were notified of our arrival per Elon's order

Only the team of engineers were notified of our arrival per Elon's order. Jerry and Mary are the first to greet us when we get out of the golf cart that picked us up at the main gate and brought us to the Space X's warehouse in Cape Canaveral. Jerry stares longer at my hair than usual when he first sees me but I brush it off knowing that it's the first time he's seen a physical change from me.

The environment is tense and if someone dares speak the wrong words it can turn flammable. Elon's aorta is ready to burst and I'm pretty sure my father is only tagging along with us to see the extend of the damage so he can show people that he's not surprised at all by their stupidity.

I'm just running through paperwork probably as fast as a computer running an algorithm. I can feel a headache already starting from the amount of numbers I'm seeing.

I'm right behind my father as we walk into a conference room where only 10 people are already sitting. I don't look away from the papers Jerry handed me when I arrived, not even to see who else is sitting around the table apart from the engineers and some people from the recovery team.

I sit on the chair next to the one placed at the head of the table --where Elon sits. I'm laying out in front of me only the papers that hold basic information when I see from my peripheral vision how everyone stares at the person sitting on the other side of Elon --my father.

Wonderful.

Come on, people. Take him in. Yes, The Great Oswald Bähr is in the building, ready to hand all of you your heads on a silver platter. Because we all fucking screwed up.

Before getting off the plane, Elon and I came to the decision of not telling everyone about the ground report. We need to avoid this getting out to the press, and only letting few people from the team of engineers know about it, is our main plan. Can you smell the trust issues here?

"As you already know, our Falcon is now resting at the bottom of the ocean thanks to our performance leading up to tonight. A performance that can only be described as pathetic. Let me remind you, that we are a private aerospace company that lives solely on our achievements. No success means no investors, people. We don't depend on government money! And such failure like tonight's means severe consequences, specially when human lives were involved. I thought you already knew that. I had to leave my daughter's wedding because you couldn't even follow basic protocol--"