Chapter 6

Chapter 6. Questions.Questions

Loud noises wake me up the next morning.

There seems to be people cooking, moving things around and there's  even some singing.

I guess Noelle did keep up her promise.

I look to my left where I placed my phone on the nightstand last night and press the home button.

10:13 am.

I have a few text messages and emails but I can get to those later.

I remove the tangled sheets from between my legs and stretch, yawning in the process. I stand up and head to the window, opening the curtains and letting the air in. The smell of the ocean instantly filling my senses. It was a beautiful day out, the sun was out and the sky was clear. From here I can see all the small dots running around in the beach.

I grab some clean clothes from my duffel bag and head to the bathroom, remembering to knock before opening the door since I share a bathroom with Louis and Eleanor. I don't want to get a surprise this early in the morning. Once inside I lock both doors just like Noelle told me and change from my pajamas to actual summer attire. I wash my face and teeth and put my long brown hair in a ponytail.

Walking out of my room and into the hallway I see everyone doing something. Clearly Noelle only spared me from the cleaning, even Niall was up and helping Liam with the baby crib.

"Good morning Sleeping beauty," Noelle greets me from the kitchen to my right, catching the attention of everyone." Did you get enough sleep?"

"Morning," I wave to everyone, awkwardly may I add. "Yes, Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You got here really late. You needed your beauty sleep."

I only nod in response, turning to Niall just as he was walking in my direction with a huge smile on his face.

"Einstein!," I grimace at his nickname," You're finally here!" he engulfs me in a hug, picking me up in the process.

"Nice to see you too, Blondie." I laugh, patting his head like a child.

He laughs and sets me back on the floor."You already know Liam, Louis, Zayn And Harry," He motions for them to come closer. I was expecting a hand shake from everyone not a hug, so it took me by surprise. One by one I introduce myself as Siobhan--not really knowing why since they already knew my name-- I try not to hug them for a long time, quickly moving from one to the other. I shake off the uncomfortable feeling at the end and smile, trying not to look disrespectful. I can't help but dislike contact from strangers. They weren't total strangers but we weren't close friends either. So I was stuck in the not knowing how to label them zone.

I notice a weird tension between Zayn and some of the boys. Niall and Liam seem pretty at ease with him, clapping him on the back every once in a while and goofing with him, can't say the same thing for Louis and Harry who seem to like to maintain distance from Zayn. But then, something seems off about Harry and to me it seems that it has nothing to do with Zayn leaving One Direction.