Chapter 8

Chapter 8. Don't let me drown

After I found a spot for my skirt to dry, I walk over to Gigi who resumed her position to continue tanning, to recover my sunglasses and cap.

I sit down on the towel next to her with sunscreen in hand to apply it all over my body before I have third degree burns from the sun.

"Here, let me help." She offers, taking the sunscreen from my hand.

She rubs the sticky substance all over my back as she compliments my swimsuit. I answer that I don't remember where I got it from, to which she answers with a pout.

Gigi was wearing a white one piece as well, quickly agreeing that she was afraid she might lose her bikini while doing strenuous activities.

See, I'm not the only one.

"Who wants to go on the Jet Skis!" Niall shouts excitedly. He bounces over to Noelle and carries her all the way down to where the jet skis are being cleaned for us to use them. Gigi stands up and I follow her, heading in the direction Niall and Noelle went.

There were only 6 jet skis which meant 4 of us will have to wait if they decide one each. Which they did. I look behind me and notice Cheryl sitting with Bear in one of the lounge chairs. 

"Ok then, Niall, Noelle, Gigi, Myself, Liam and Siobhan get to go first. El says that the jet skis are not her thing so Harry, Cheryl and Zayn don't mind waiting." Louis decides for everyone. I ignore the banter that follows and decide to approach Cheryl.

"You don't want to go on the jet skis?"

"No, it's fine. I'll wait." she smiles. 

Cheryl has been by Bear's side since she got here, which I can understand since he is a baby but Mamma's need to have fun to. "Go on the jet ski, Cheryl. I'll take care of Bear." I offer, already grabbing one of Bear's outstretched little hands. 

Cheryl looks down at Bear and thinks about it for a second. Bear keeps pushing his mamma away and crawling in my direction, "See, babies love me." I say, wiggling my eyebrows at Bear.

Cheryl laughs but ends up agreeing."Ok, I won't be long-"

"You take as long as you want. We're going to have a little party." I coo at Bear. I don't consider myself a baby guru, but I'm not so bad at babysitting. I have a 7 year old brother who sometimes stays with me while Mom and Dad are out on business.So I'm pretty trained in the field. Cheryl has nothing to worry about. Besides I need something to distract me from opening my computer If I want the peace treaty to remain between me and Noelle. I agreed to not working in her presence, but if she gets me fired...I'll throw her over the edge myself. Probably not the best idea since she's pregnant.

With a little bit more convincing from me, Cheryl gets on the jet ski and starts following Liam around. I grab a fluffy towel and spread it on the floor near the stairs of the boat that I used earlier to climb up when Niall threw me in the ocean. I grab Bear's toys to play with him, but he's absolutely entranced by his mamma slaying big time on the jet ski. 

I grab his little hand and wave it around every time Cheryl or Liam are close enough making him giggle. Spending time with Cheryl's baby is making me miss my little brother terribly. I don't get to spend much time with him like I used to. Every since my job at Space X officially started I've been going back and forth around the country, specially when I go to Washington DC for weeks due to my involvement with the government. FaceTime calls are not the same as seeing Reiner in person. 

30 minutes later Cheryl and Liam come back to feed Bear. I spot Noelle struggling to get out of the jet ski, almost falling on her ass because of the slippery floor. "How was It?" I ask as one of the staff members of the yacht finally goes over to help her.

"If you like to hang out with competitive people who manage to make even breathing a competition, then you'll have a blast," she huffs,"If you don't, then you'll give up after a few minutes like me."

I laugh at her, causing her to send me death glares. "oh come on! I was watching you, you had a blast!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'm going to find something to eat."

"Are you using the jet ski, Miss?" the staff member --who's name is Jesus-- asks me.

I look behind him where I can still see Gigi being followed relentlessly by Zayn, and Niall and Louis fooling around with each other. It looks fun, why not.

"Yes,"I stand up and walk over to Jesus. I notice Harry to my right already on the jet ski and ready to hit the gas. When my butt is on the seat he's already stepping on Louis' tail making him shout profanities at Niall to get the fuck away.

"You're ready to go." 

With my hands on the handles, I slowly engage the throttle until I reach a moderate speed to reach Niall. After a few minutes I'm finally comfortable enough to go faster than 10 miles per hour and making quick turns to fuck with Niall's reflexes. 

"I race you to the buoy and back to the yacht!" shouts Louis, pointing behind us where the farthest buoy was near the shore. 

I nod eagerly with a smile on my face, "Yo, Niall. Bring your ass here. We need a referee!"

Niall turns back with Harry on tow, the fuckers messing with each other until they reach us. 

Louis explains the distance for the race and puts his jet ski next to mine. I push his a little bit further away, noticing how the jet skis knock against each other, the force of the waves pushing them back together. 

"Get your engines ready!" Niall shouts over the engines of the jet skis, going around us in circles .

"Ready!Set!Go!".

Before Niall could even finish, Louis was already ahead of me. That cheater.

This time I engage the throttle without any consideration of burning the engine. In 5 seconds I was already biting Louis'ass, "You cheater!" I stick my middle finger in his face as I outflank him.

"What the fuck!" he yells after me, laughing his head off. 

I make a quick turn when I reach the orange buoy, leaving Louis the cheater behind. 

A couple of meters from the yacht, I hear Noelle shouting desperately. In a panic I look over to where she is standing but I don't slow down. My plan is to round the yacht from behind, Im going way to fast to just hit the brake. I turn my head, trying to figure out why she's panicking. I see a blur somewhere on my left.  In the next millisecond, I feel someone crash into me from that side. My body surges forward, leaving the jet ski behind. 

The first thing to make contact with my head is something solid, then water engulfs me. 

And then,

nothing.