Chapter 13

Chapter 13. Natural Brawler

 Natural Brawler

"Mate, really. Get off my seat," Brian says. Harry politely offered his seat a few seconds ago in exchange of his, his tone wasn't so polite though.

Harry and Brain enter a stand off. Either Harry gets up and leaves or he stays and makes Brian even more angry. By the looks of it, Harry isn't planning on backing down. My back stiffens at the possibility of a fight. Brian seems the type to push and push until someone snaps --he looks like a natural brawler, with his tall and muscular figure and hands big enough to cause severe damage. My decision to remain quiet wasn't solely based of my incapability to defend myself in public spaces. Brian has the strength to keep me quiet and the possibility of retaliation if I tell on him in front of everyone. Guys like him are not familiar with consequences for their actions, god only knows what he can do if put on the spot. Harry needs to stop being the knight in shining armor before he gets hurt.

It seems like hours before Brian opens his mouth to say something else to Harry when Stella speaks up.

"Brian, sit down. You're making a scene."

Relief curses through my veins when I hear his stepsister come to aid in this situation. Brian looks at her with no intention of budging and now Brian and Stella compete for authority. Something passes through Stella's eyes that makes Brian huff and walk around the table to sit in what used to be Harry's place.

Harry won the fight. But Brian isn't having it.

The rest of lunch continues uneventfully except for the death glares Brian is now sending Harry. He pays no attention to him, constantly running his thumb over my hand. With him next to me instead of Brian, I breathe properly. Niall keeps making jokes about his future child, successfully pissing off a pregnant Noelle.

"If you keep going, my child will only see his or her father on the weekends," Noelle grumbles. My jaw instantly hits the floor. My pissed off pregnant best friend actually said that to the father of her child. Damn.

"What?" Niall asks, worry etched on his face.

"Oh my god,"I start laughing. I'll admit Niall's jokes were a little bit crude but I understood them, therefore they're funny.