Chapter 52

Song: Hang Ups - Scott Helman

Chapter 52. The Man That I'm Seeing.

"Kacey?"

No kick.

"Riley?"

No kick for that one either.

"Lily?" I ask determined.

"Oh, I like that one!" Noelle shouts excitedly, her movements almost knocking my head to the ground. I'm resting my head gently on her swollen belly, alert in case the baby decides to kick again. 

Unfortunately for Noelle, no kick for that one either.

"I swear my child will be named after something bizarre." Niall rolls over in defeat, now exposing his back to the sun.

I squint my eyes, pointing my scrutinizing glare directly at Noelle's baby bump. 

Come on, girl. It's pretty damn easy, just choose a name. 

"You glaring at my unborn child won't give you the name, Sib." She uncovers her bump, her hand stroking it lovingly, "Maybe she wants a boy's name?" She wonders.

Niall perks up, "Niall Jr!"

"Uh," I scrunch up my face, "Not a chance in hell."

Niall pouts at my answer. 

He looks at Noelle to find her glaring at him. She's already throwing his suggestion to the trash, "Maybe the next baby."

"I tried." He shrugs, resuming his sunbathing.

It is the first time the sun has come out in its full splendor. The moment Noelle pointed it out, we were out with towels, lemonade and a variety of snacks thanks to Noelle's cravings. 

I take two biscuits from the plate next to me, feeding Noelle one and eating the other. Noelle sports a pensive look and I can see her making a mental note. Top Priority. "I like Lilly. Niall?" 

He doesn't open his eyes."Mmm?"

"Do you like Lilly?"

Niall twists his mouth, biting on his lip and probably thinking all the different ways he can use that name when scolding his child. "Honestly I don't think Lilly will fit our child. I like the idea of an unisex name, though."

"Well," I clap my hands, "Back to the drafting board."

--

Reasons as to why we haven't gone back to the Moon?

The fucking budget.

"0.38%. That's the best we can offer."

I stop my angry pacing in Noelle's living room to slam my hand on the table. "No! We're already at 22 billion. At this point you will be paying everyone with scraps from the Apollo Mission--What the hell is wrong with you!"