Chapter 46

Chapter 46. Answers never spoken.

There are things you just can't dig up in the middle of a conversation. Words you cringe when you hear them are mainly the ones I avoid at all costs. Among the things I never discuss with people other than my parents is... Money.

Money is a really hard topic for me. Not because I lack it because I certainly do not, but because for someone like me at my age the discussion of money always brings a series of accusations we will most likely prefer to blacklist. Sitting on Gigi's bed browsing through websites never before in my life I have heard of is making the neurons in my brain explode.

Gigi first brought up the topic of money when she insisted we go out shopping for bikinis because our Airbnb has a pool. Now, there's no problem with that idea. The problem appeared when she assumed I was broke. Apparently she took no notice of which private jet we took to get to LA or the all decked out Tesla SUV we traveled in --somehow she wasn't in the conversation where I explained how we were going to get to LA. But I can't blame Gigi for her blissful ignorance when the only thing I've told her is that I'm an engineer. She probably thinks Harry paid for everything, even my share for this Airbnb.

Assuming Noelle said nothing else about me, how the hell am I going to break it to her when I despise speaking about my income?

The worst part is that she hasn't stopped talking about where to get affordable clothes as if I didn't know that already. Having money to afford such a luxurious lifestyle doesn't mean I'll be living it. She could slap me with her Gucci purse and I still wouldn't buy the dammed thing, not even to defend myself cause that purse is solid as the ground I keep falling on.

"Gigi, I know what Forever 21 is."

"--The only bad thing about that store is that they put stupid words on everything, but we can find really good pieces if we dig through the racks."

"Gigi--"

"--There's also H&M, I personally like it better--"

I roll my eyes,"Gigi."

"What's your budget though?"

Cosmos have mercy on my soul.

"I don't have one."

Gigi's face falls."Oh." She blinks once, twice and then..."I'm taking you shopping! Don't worry, I'll pay for everything--"

I finally reach over and close her laptop. With a sigh, I stare directly into her blue eyes. "I don't need you to pay for anything. Thank you though"

She frowns, "But I really want to take you shopping. Money is not a problem--"

I instantly cringe at the word. There's no easy or gentle way to break it to her but if it makes her stop I'll blurt it out right now.

"Jelena Noura Hadid!," Anwar appears on the doorway, yelling his sister's name in desperation. "This woman doesn't need your charity! She's fucking rolling on green and wiping her ass with hundred dollar bills!"