Chapter 42

Chapter 42. Media trained.

"H, you ready?"

Jeffrey appears around the corner with a contagious grin on his face. The excitement surrounding my team for the release of my first solo Album is palpable in the air. I can't hide it either. Blood and sweat was put into every lyric and every guitar string for over three months and the results are more than satisfactory. As soon as Harry Styles was released it shot to number one in more than seventy countries. I am happy beyond words. Happy that my fans like it, happy that SOTT is requested in radio stations around the world, happy that the fan's reaction is pure happiness.

I made something for the first time that has only my name on the cover. No One Direction credits in any of my songs. That felt like a big accomplishment. I doubted myself over and over-- I doubted my ability to be successful outside of One Direction, I really did.

If my album turned out to be a failure, it would've sucked big time --It would have meant that the public did not see me or enjoyed seeing me as a solo artist. Maybe they would have thought that I was better of in a group. But, like my mum said It wouldn't be the end. Dunkirk was a success. Acting is my second passion, I would have branched off towards acting for a while, until the boys were ready to come back as One Direction.

But my album isn't a failure and the gratitude I feel towards the public is one I can't put into words.

I look up from my phone in my hands to give my attention to Jeffrey.

"Yeah, just give me a second."

Siobhan is off working somewhere in the Financial District

Siobhan is off working somewhere in the Financial District. I didn't particularly ask where exactly is her father's building but we did made plans for later tonight after she's out of work and I am done with interviews. 

"H?"

I smile at Jeffrey and nod my head enthusiastically. I'm way more than ready. I put my phone back in my trousers and walk with Jeffrey towards the exit.

"We should go out for a couple of drinks tonight. Glenne should be here by the time we're done with this promo," Jeffrey suggests. 

I wince, "Already got plans, mate."