Chapter 48

Chapter 48 - Safe

Chapter 48 - Safe.

The days besides Harry go incredibly fast but if I say so myself, those days were amazingly spent. We've reached the point were I don't know what's going on between us. But I know that at any moment I can ask Harry and he will give me the most honest answer. But do I want to burst the bubble?

Inside this bubble we are able to be ourselves even surrounded by other people. We are best friends that long for something more. We are aware that right now I can't give more. And the situation is comfortable. So no, I won't burst this bubble. I'll stay like this, aching for the first time to kiss him.

The time has come. It's almost Noelle's grand baby shower in Brighton. My parents wont be able to come for this event unfortunately but they apparently sent their gift with Elon. I flew in late last night completely alone. Yes, no Harry.

The gang left us at the airport with the promise to see each other again at Noelle's baby shower. Not all of them will be attending due to work but you know that feeling you get when you know you found that tight group of friends that are down for everything. Well I think they're it. And even if I get to see a few I'm happy for that.

After spending so many days together it feels so strange to travel by myself. Harry had to fly directly to London because of some work scheduling that he had put off so I arrived before anyone else giving me a couple of days with my best friend soon to be mama. I'm looking forward to reminiscing on the days when Noelle and I used to be a set of two with no idea of how our life would turn out four years later.

Today I woke up early exactly to do just that. I ordered bagels for breakfast because today is not the day that I test my culinary skills in Noelle's marble kitchen. They say cooking is like science, I'm here to tell you that it isn't.

"Smells fantastic, darling." Niall's voice startles me making me drop one of the bagels. Damn.

I send him a death stare, "That was yours." I state looking at the splattered bagel on the floor.

His eyes widened at my voice and he comes running all the way to me with the most scary look on his face and his arms wide open.

"Lil baby Einstein!"

"Niall, don't!" I shriek. "You're going to drop another bagel!"

His arms envelope me and all of a sudden I know I'm floating and being dragged around the kitchen like a balloon.

"Down! Down! I'm getting dizzy!"

"I didn't know you were coming today!"

"Niall, your wife let me in, for fucks sake. MY BRAIN!"

I was getting nauseous with this twirling around and I'm definitely going to throw up my avocado bagel. Oh boy.

"Sorry, love. I missed you. Look at you, all tanned and fit. My boy Harry really did good."