Chapter 22

Chapter 22.  A sinful mouth and sinful lips.

"Nol, can we have a word?"

I slam the door to the suite behind me. In front of me, Noelle sits on a stool behind the kitchen counter as well as the rest of the girls and who I assume to be Lou Teasdale and Lottie. I storm to my assigned room for the trip without paying much attention to their confused faces. 

I sit on the bed and run my fingers through my hair. Lunch was unpleasant, uncomfortable and deadly. I don't know who wanted to kill Lauren first, me or Amber. I'm so glad Noelle didn't grow up with her, god only knows how she would've turn out. But I am sure that we wouldn't be best friends if her mother had raised her. 

"What's wrong?" Noelle comes in and closes the door behind her. Not as hard as I did a minute ago. Noelle has confusion written all over her face, but I have stress written all over mine. 

"Your mother is here. Care to explain why I wasn't informed, Noelle Maye Musk?"

To say that Lauren doesn't  like me or Amber, is the statement of the decade. But the feeling is mutual.  While she doesn't like Amber because she is mainly the reason Elon is so relaxed and happy right now, she doesn't like me because I've always threatened her relationship with Noelle. Noelle has always said that in her life I'm more important than her mother. Lauren didn't like that when she first heard it. 

She sighs and sits next to me on the bed. "What did she do now?"

"Why is she here?" I ask her again, ignoring her question completely.

"Niall thought that we had to put our differences aside so I didn't have regrets later because I didn't invite her."

"She was ruthless with Amber, Nol." I tell her. Lauren was ruthless, but that doesn't mean that Amber didn't defend herself. Even though, Lauren Wilson remarried to who she describes as "the love of her life" --but is really just her man-toy. She still has this pathetic idea that Elon will take her back. She obviously forgot that she was the one who ran away from him and her daughter when things got too complicated for her social life. Again, she wasn't interested in being a mother.

That restaurant has a damn awful vibe.

Noelle groans, dropping her face into her hands. "I knew it. This was a bad idea, now I have to tolerate her tormenting my family and friends."

"Nol, you need to speak with her. She's out of her mind. She imprinted this idea in my mother's brain that I have to move out because you already moved out. And she implied that you lived with her when you clearly didn't. She discredited Elon from everything he's done by the time the entree came aroundI was about to tell Elias to get rid of her." I say exasperated, throwing my hands in the air for that dramatic effect. 

"What?" she gets even more confused now. "Why would your mother even consider that idea?"

"She thinks I need to make my life outside of her house --that's beyond the point-- she needs to go!"