Chapter 37

Chapter 37. Extended Vacations

"Miss, I cannot let you in

"Miss, I cannot let you in."

"Excuse me?" I stare at the young security guy in bewilderment, "You don't tell the person who made your whole security system that you cannot let them in. What kind of bull-"

"Siobhan!"

The voice of Elon interrupts the foul word about to come out of my mouth. Locking eyes with him, I notice the nervousness screaming in my direction and the stiffness of his shoulders. I debate whether to ask him if he's alright, or shout at him for hiring inept people...again. Standing outside the building in the pouring rain for fifteen minutes arguing with a guy my age is obviously going to result in me shouting profanities.

"Sir, she's trying to trespass."

My boss's feelings be damned.

"Trespass! You motherfu-"

"Thank you, Bernaby. You can leave." Elon dismisses Bernaby with a nod. I stare open mouthed at the smug fucker. He dares smile!

"What are you smiling at huh?" I point a finger at him and wave it in the air -because waving a finger in the air shows how pissed you are. "You are going first in line for my DSE crew module pressure test!"

"Siobhan."

"What!" I say exasperated.

"Your car. Now." Without another word, Elon turns around and heads back to the parking lot.

"What?! No!" I literally stomp my feet on the ground. Today...fuck. Today has been a nightmare since I woke up this morning. Having strangers outside your parent's property with big camera equipment after you spill coffee on your favorite sweater is not how I like to start my day. I don't even drink coffee.

I'm a perfectionist, never been ashamed of it, never will. When someone or something alters my perfected work routine I've had for years, my mood goes downhill faster than a rocket reentering atmosphere --and the asshole who literally threw himself on top of my car yelling me to stop or else he'll shoot me down, is the final fucking straw for Siobhan Bähr to reach high grumpy levels.