Chapter 4

Chapter 4. My sweet Noelle.

California was getting hotter by the minute. It's not that I can't handle the heat -I'm always in warm places rather than cold places- because I can. What I can't handle though, is the amount of humans gathered in one tiny space, like the waiting area at the LAX airport, making it ten times warmer and making it feel like the AC doesn't work. I don't have an explanation as to why its so busy today when every other day people have enough space to move around LAX. Really, its unbelievable the amount of people here today. Are they finally allowing free traveling?

Maybe I should've picked an earlier fight, like a 5 am flight. I'll bet my ass the airport was empty then.

It's currently 6 pm on a Thursday, the perfect day to arrive to Cancun a week before the wedding according to Noelle.

"You're fashionably late but don't worry we haven't done anything exciting just putting everyone in their assigned rooms. Everyone else arrived yesterday so you won't have to wait through the sorting out like we did yesterday. Poor Harry had to wait 4 hours to get a room, only to end up with us. I blame the new girl at the reception desk, she had no fucking idea what was going on." She had told me over the phone this morning. Apparently yesterday was a nightmare for the guests. The rooms weren't ready even though Noelle had reserved the 6 master suites at the top of the hotel the moment Niall popped the question. So they only gave her 2 suites and 6 rooms. Noelle had to squish all of Niall's band mates in their suite and from the desperate text Niall sent me yesterday I'm going to be squished there to. The other suite is where she's going to put her father, Amber and her 6 brothers. Meanwhile everyone else will have to share. Sweet Balls. When I asked her why wasn't I allowed to be in one standard room she just said,"Don't fret my love. Everything will go back to planned before my wedding. its only for a few nights. Well, that's what the manager told me. So...you'll stay with us and then you can move in with your fam when they get here. See? everything solved." and that's how she supposedly calmed me down. Just imagine 5 boys and 5 girls in one suite with 4 bedrooms. Yeah, I don't really know how that's going to work. She's lucky I love her.

Noelle has the next 5 days planned already with activities on the beach, activities on the mountains and who the hell knows where next --only she knows-- I can bet my ass Niall doesn't know either, Noelle really is lucky that he is down for everything. All of these activities are only for close friends and family so I'm not that worried about making a fool of myself that early into this mini vacation. My worries lay on the wedding. It always comes back to the wedding. Sweet balls.

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the boarding announcement for flight 276M to Cancun. We are now inviting those passengers in business class to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Thank you."

Finally!

In a hurry I pick up my duffel bag and my backpack and start walking in the direction of my flight. I swear to god I'm sweating an ocean right now, if I had to wait another minute I was going to cry.

I give the lady my boarding pass and passport, quickly getting on the plane and looking for my window seat. Once settled I text Noelle and my mother telling them I was minutes from departing and turn it off.

I can already feel a few tiny sparks of excitement in my stomach, but just a few. Noelle is getting married in a week to Niall Horan, the guy she met in a video shoot. Who the hell would've thought that the sweet quirky but bossy girl that I met when I was 4 years old would end up with a musician. I honestly didn't, I shared the same hopes Elon had regarding my best friend. But, once I saw Noelle and Niall interact, those hopes vanished and were replaced by the hope of them staying together for eternity. As cheesy as it may sound. Noelle didn't believe in love because of the amount of times Elon gave up on his previous marriage. To some degree I understood Noelle back then, seeing your father with many women during your childhood can make you think real love doesn't exist. But I grew up only with one set of parents that still love each other like in their teenager phase, so I never really shared that feeling with Noelle I just understood where she was coming from. I'm happy that Niall changed Noelle's perspective and so delighted that they are extremely happy together, being so different from one another really works for them. And don't even get me started on the baby. They're going to be the picture perfect family, and I just love that picture.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your chief flight attendant. On behalf of Captain Kushi and the entire crew, welcome aboard American Airlines flight 276M, Our flight time will be of 4 hours and 40 minutes. We will be flying at an altitude of 40,000 feet at a ground speed of 564 miles per hour.At this time, make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position and that your seat belt is correctly fastened. Also, your portable electronic devices must be set to 'airplane' mode until an announcement is made upon arrival. Thank you."

Cancun, Here I come.