Chapter 30

Chapter 30. When the genius walked away.

Third POV

There is no more wine by the time Harry decides to head back to the hotel. He isn't  anywhere near as drunk as most of his friends, but he keeps reminding himself that he is a little bit tipsy therefore he can't join Liam for a late night swim in the biggest pond he's ever seen at the entrance of the salon. 

He has said his goodbyes to the few people that remain at the reception that he could find so his exit is quick and easy. He asks one of the waiters at the entrance to get him a cab. He's waiting outside in the humid air for the yellow car when a thought stumbles upon his conscience.

It started with a pout and an apparent simple introduction. And he didn't see her again up until 3 months later. It continued with small talk around a mutual group of friends that like to meet up every few weeks for lunch at his best mate's house. When 12 months of brief encounters --every single one involving a large group of people-- went by, he knew that she had become a staple in his life, directly or not. 

He never thought about forming a close friendship with Siobhan when he first met her. Back then she was only the best friend of Niall's girlfriend that tagged along with them sometimes. He actually winces at the thoughts that used to run through his mind when he was out drunk with their friends and she was always sitting at the booth scribbling shit in the corner of a napkin. He hates it when people don't even try to socialize, what's the point of going out if you're going to ignore everyone you're going out with?

He knows for sure he regrets those thoughts. Apart from them he didn't think much of her. He didn't know her, he didn't bother to remember her name the first few times because he was always trying to think of a way to fix his decaying relationship with his ex ex-girlfriend. 

He was a somber pitiful guy back then, now he just embraces his life and the downside of it. 

"Harreeh!"

Harry jumps in the air and swears at the sound of Niall's shrill voice. 

"I've been calling your name for ages, man."

Harry rolls his eyes and sighs, "Sorry, what?"

"I turn around for a minute and you're no longer there. Leaving?"

Harry didn't see Niall anywhere near him when he decided to leave. If he recalls, he was the one who disappeared when Harry turned around to grab one final glass of wine. "Yeah, I'm tired. But you had fun, I presume."

Niall smiles blissfully, "The married life man... the best one."

Harry's eyes widen at Niall's words. He never thought Niall to be this content this quick about being married. He wonders what his face will look like after his first fight with Noelle as a married couple.

"I'm happy for you, really am. Always knew you were going to be the first one to get married."

"Really?"