Chapter 12

Chapter 12. Unwanted

Turns out, it was a waste of time wondering about the other girl and the guy. So far, they're making me regret even using my neurons to figure out who they were. 14 minutes ago to be exact, Noelle asked me to join them for lunch. 14 minutes ago, the restaurant started turning into hell and I am the poor soul trapped in it. 

I don't like direct physical contact with strangers, therefore I don't appreciate someone staring at me for 14 minutes straight without even having the decency to not make it obvious. The girl's name was Naomi and she was Stella's stepsister. I don't have a problem with her --she's annoying as hell and a committed ignorant-- but I really don't have a problem with her. Can't say the same thing for her brother, Brian. Never have I hated someone's guts 14 minutes after meeting them. Never. I know it may be surprising considering the amount of people I detest at work. 

We are eating lunch at a round table. The Devil's round table in hell. I've never thought about baptizing a table before, but I was really considering doing it now. 

Because it is a round table, the sitting arrangement is a difficult one. Stella and Niall are next to Noelle, with Niall on the right and Stella on the left. Now, I'm going to let you guess where am I currently sitting. Next to Brian. Really, what the fuckity fuck.

I don't have expectations on people, just because I don't like it when they have them about me. So when I sat between Brian and Niall, I wasn't expecting anything personality wise from Brian. But god help me, never did I expected him to be so creepy. Annoying like his sister yes, creepy as hell, no. 

The second my ass touched the chair, he already had his eyes on me like a hawk. A few minutes later, he had the great idea to start touching me. He started with my hair and I stupidly thought that I had something stuck in it. Then he moved from my hair to my arm and I started getting uncomfortable but I didn't say anything. Now, he's been running his fingers on my leg underneath the table for a few minutes now. I moved my leg 3 times away from his wandering fingers already, he doesn't get the hint. I didn't say anything 5 minutes ago and I am not about to. I am in a public place with people I don't know and I've never been the one to cause a scene in places out of my comfort zone. A person with anxiety has very few comfort zones, public places are never one of them. At work, you can find me calling out everyone's bullshit but that's because that's my comfort zone, everyone knows who I am. Those who know me personally know not to mess with me and the rest just know my name, and that's enough. 

This guy knows nothing about me. My last name won't even incite any fear inside him. He doesn't look like someone who knows who my father is, or someone remotely interested in deep space exploration. It's useless thinking that my name will make him stop his harassment. I was losing my composure with every minute that goes by.

Everyone else at the table is engrossed with Noelle's story about how she met Niall, even Brian is pretending to be interested in the conversation. Me, I just keep inching as far away as I can in my chair from him.