Chapter 43

Chapter 43. Innocent Cuddling 

So much for swearing that I wont have any other vacation in the rest of the year. And while some people could be jumping up and down in utter bliss because they don't have to work for who knows how long, I don't. Said people might plan weeks of traveling and doing the most exciting stuff around the globe, I cant even begin to brainstorm about where would be the most panoramic place to sky dive. I have no fucking clue.

I love working. I look forward to long hours at the workshop, I welcome the obstacles that may come my way in this world ruled by men with a smile because I know that they will be dethroned soon by me. I mean come on, I'm having one hell of a confidence spurt after Harry graded my fort 10/10. So yes, stay tuned for my taking over the world.

The point is... Harry just made me think about my uncertain future for the first time. Now that I don't precisely have a work schedule, I got no clue as to what I'm doing next. No fucking clue.

Is this what they call the quarter life crisis?

If it is, I want none of it. Push me back in the direction of my already planned and established privileged life please. Also I feel extremely giddy because I'm on my fourth glass of wine. Jesus Siobhan, you should've known by know that alcohol hates you.

"Noelle's baby shower is next week, so i'll definitely be attending that. As what I'm doing this week leading up to that who knows." I shrug. My eyes widen at the image of me sitting on my couch watching TV. I really have nothing to do, no work to present myself at, no launch to organize.

"You're taking a break from work?"

"Huh?"

I face Harry with a frown. We're both enjoying a mini buffet from Martha's kitchen in the coziness of the spacious fort I made in his living room.

He drags a napkin over his mouth and swallows before opening his mouth. "Work?," his eyebrows raise in question, "I thought you were really busy with work?"

Oh shit. Harry doesn't know. I never told him I got fired from Space X.

"Umm, I thought you heard." I avoid meeting his curious green eyes by looking down at my plate. This is embarrassing. Telling Harry that I got fired from my first official job after only a year is humiliating after the successful day he's had. I feel like I am back at a dick measuring contest, and it's not fair. Harry would never brag about anything, he's kind and sweet. He doesn't act like most men out there when they face a woman as a competition.

"Heard what?" His eyes travel from my hands to my face and back to the fork in his hand, unsure about whether if he should ask or not. He's always careful not to cross any boundaries.

I swallow my pride and order my ego to settle down. "I got fired." I never thought I would say those words. All the people that I fired during my year at Space X are basking in happiness, I bet.