Chapter 31

Chapter 31. A woman is smart... Smarter than most men. 

My phone has been constantly ringing since I landed in California 3 days ago. Surprisingly, the most constant caller was my mother and not Elon. Since I told her over the phone that I am looking for places here she's been sending me emails with addresses thirty minutes away from Space X's HQ, most of the addresses are in Manhattan beach. And she's been calling to verify that I make appointments to go see the houses that I like the most. I've been telling her over and over that I haven't had time to do it but like the caring and excited mother she is, she's going to fly in today to accompany (force) me to said appointments after lunch. 

There is so much to do and the team in Hawthorne is still waiting for 5 more people to show up to be complete-- 3 engineers and 2 technicians. The only reason I haven't pay them a lot of attention is because I've been reviewing paperwork after paperwork these past few days at The Hub to worry about people's punctuality. But now that I'm almost done with the paperwork, I can focus on said team so I can build a report with them about the overall manufacture of the falcon 9 that is still at the bottom of the ocean. Elon is apparently having trouble with that paperwork so he can't get the recovery team in place without another possible lawsuit on his ass. 

I am walking down to the manufacturing plant with Camilla Ramos and Jerry nipping at my heels. Camilla was assigned as my assistant the moment Elon hired me. She is good at her job, but sometimes slow when I'm in a hurry. She is only 6 years older than me and first started in one of the internship programs when Elon spotted her immaculate way of working and her love for responsibility. In all honesty, I wouldn't want any other assistant. Between her and Jerry I am pretty content. 

"Cam, please have these scanned and sent to Florida and ask Elon if he can make a deal so he can at least recover the landing legs for me, will you." I hand her the file of papers as the sliding doors open to reveal the manufacturing plant. "Thanks."

 I approach the 15 individuals that make the Hawthorne manufacturing team and asses them quietly. Last time I met with them they were all nodding their heads in approval when the rocket was ready to be packed and be sent to Cape Canaveral. Lazy fuckers.