Chapter 33

Chapter 33. Harry Styles' New Romance. 

Dinner with Elon and my mother ended up with me having a crisis in Elon's million dollar kitchen while loading the dishwasher. The twins refused to go to sleep so Elon had to go upstairs to calm them down. My mom is somewhere around the house and I'm in the kitchen thinking about all the articles I stumbled upon this morning. 

Low-key Styles! Former 1D member touches down in LAX to visit his new fling!

Music and Science, history repeats again! Harry Styles and Siobhan Bähr, an item?

BREAKING NEWS: Photos of Harry Styles and Siobhan Bähr in Cancun!

The last article I read that had my name on it was one that was written by The Guardian, and it was about Space X. No mention of Harry Styles. Now, my name is everywhere right next to his with rumors about me being his new beard  because he's gay? Why do they even care if he's dating a man or a woman? I'm sorry but that is not journalism. Twitter does a better job than some newspapers. 

"You're going to break a thousand dollar plate, Siobhan."

I am so worried about my name being slandered everywhere that I am indeed slamming everything into the dishwasher. I'll be honest, I am no stranger to the media, they just never pay much attention to me because I am an engineer --not a musician/actor like my mother and I'm definitely no mogul like my father.

I close the dishwasher gently and groan, turning around to see my mom with her arms crossed over her chest. I walk over to a kitchen stool and sit down, running my fingers through my fringe. 

"You've been acting weird today," she points out, taking a stand next to me. 

"I'm stressed. Work and everything." I mumble, dropping my head on my hands. 

I feel my mom's fingers at the back of my head. When I was little and came home crying when the expectations became too much my mom would always sit me on the couch and play with my hair until I fell asleep. It always works. "What is everything?"

When I don't reply my mom takes an assertive wild guess, "You're talking about the news, don't you?"

I nod, "They say I'm way too irresponsible to be having such position at Space X... and they also hate the idea of anyone being so close to Harry Styles, specially your daughter."

"My Omolara skat," she grabs my chin and lifts my face lightly, then lovingly caresses my cheek. "Don't lose sleep over that. They don't see what Elon does because they don't know you. They didn't grow up next to you, they don't know that you've been working your short life to be where you are. Since when do you read the gossip in this business?"

"I don't," I say defeated. 

"Exactly." she smiles enveloping me in a hug. "Harry Styles is privileged for being so close to my daughter. Don't you ever forget who you are, Omolara."