Chapter 3

The sound of birds chirping roused Shureii from her sleep. Seeing the male before her and feeling the crick in her neck made her realize the fact that she must've fallen asleep. A sudden growl from her stomach reminded her of the fact that she had also skipped dinner. After a quick checkup on her patient, she exited the tent to make breakfast.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Groaning, Louis opened his eyes. Then, as if a bolt of lightning ran through him, he reached for his sword, only to find that it wasn't there. Scanning his surroundings his palpitating heart calmed down a little as he saw the interior of what seemed to be a simple tent with a water basin and a chair right next to where he lay. Looking down at his throbbing side, he saw that his wound had been tightly bound. It seemed as though he had been taken in by someone and treated.

He furrowed his eyebrows. From what he remembered, he had been stabbed by the boar's tusk while protecting the prince and had fallen off a cliff. However he was sure that he had fallen into the deep forests where he was not aware of humans living. If so, what kind of being treated me?

Just as he had finished that thought, he heard the flap of the tent open to reveal...a young girl? Seeing that he was awake and looking at her, the girl blinked in surprise.

"You're awake already? That was fast..."

Placing the tray of food on the chair, she turned to look at him. Reaching out with one hand she looked at him in the eyes, "May I?"

Seeing nothing but kindness and concern in those exotic onyx eyes, Louis decided to trust her and nodded. After all, if she had wanted to harm him, she had had many chances to do so already.

Having gotten his approval, she placed a hand on his forehead. After a few moments, she nodded and withdrew her hand.

"Looks like your fever went down. That's a good sign..."

Seeing how he couldn't stop looking at her, she became slightly self-conscious. It didn't matter that she probably was twice as old as he was (adding her years on Earth and here). To be stared at that intensely was bound to cause some form of discomfort.

"Um...is there something on my face?"

Just realizing that he had been openly staring, Louis immediately apologized.

"Forgive me. I did not realize what I was doing. It's just that I have never seen anyone like you before."

"Anyone like me?" Slightly confused, Shureii looked at him curiously.

"Yes. I have not seen anyone with such fair complexion coupled with such silky black hair...Not to mention you have such beautiful onyx eyes."

Uwah...I guess it's true that bishounens are also good with words...hmm...While she was contemplating those thoughts, she smiled at him.

"Really? I was not aware that my looks were not common."

"It is such a pity for if they were, the world would be a much more beautiful place." Funny thing was, he said those words in all honesty while looking up at her with something akin to awe.

Oh my...Unsure of how to respond to that statement, Shureii merely let out a smile.

"I made some breakfast for you. You should have some. It will help you recover faster."

Taking the tray from her, he thanked her before eating. His expression from his first sip of soup was priceless. Shureii had to stifle her giggle when she saw how eagerly he wolfed down the food despite trying to keep his manners. Hmm...must be an aristocrat...Looking at him now, he looks younger than I had first assumed...

He finished the meal in no time and thanked her with slightly pink ears as he seemed to realize how eagerly he gulped down his food. Setting the tray aside, Shureii realized that she still had not introduced herself yet.

"By the way, I am Shureii."

"I am Louis Aguillard, son of Duke Aguillard. I am deeply indebted to you for saving my life. I thank you from the bottom of my heart Lady Shureii. I will definitely repay you someday."

"Ah...just Shureii is fine. I'm no lady and there is no need to be so formal. Also there is no need to repay me. I just did what any human ought to do."

"That cannot be so, milady. As a nobleman, my pride will not let me treat my savior so offhandedly. Please allow me to repay you once I get well enough."

Seeing his stubborn stance and determined eyes, Shureii inwardly sighed. She could tell this was going to be a long week.