Chapter 12

"Mmmm..."

Shureii let out a satisfactory sound as she stretched her body. Her biological clock, honed by her times before and after reincarnation, always let her rise up just upon dawn. Sitting up, she took in the unfamiliar setting.

Not my room...oh right the palace...

Getting out of the huge bed (which could probably have fit six of her and still have space over), Shureii walked over to where the curtains were. Tugging on the rope which she presumed to control the curtains, she was rewarded by the magnificent sight outside.

Close range was a beautiful garden full of resplendent roses glistening from the kisses of the morning dew. Row upon rows of elegant rose bushes met her eyes before the palace orchard with a myriad of fruit trees stood, proudly presenting their ripe fruits ready for the picking, and beyond them was a splendid view of bountiful valleys, painted with the colors of the morning sun which peeked out from between them.

Shureii took in the beautiful sight, her eyes watching as the sun rose from between the valleys.

How beautiful...

Feeling a sudden aching in her heart, her eyes took on a sadder, more nostalgic expression.

That's right...

Ever since she had been reincarnated, some parts of her memories, including the exact details on how she died were missing. Unconsciously rubbing the ring she wore on her index finger (one she had woken up to find right next to her), she couldn't help but wish she could remember what was missing.

Perhaps I had seen something similar before...

Before she could muse any longer, she heard the sound of someone knocking on the door.

"Please excuse me."

Came a woman's voice before the door opened to reveal a maid. She seemed a bit surprised to see her already awake but smoothed over her expression quickly.

"Good morning, Lady Shureii. I am Catherine, the maid who will be serving you during your stay here."

"Good morning, Miss Catherine. It is nice to meet you. I entrust myself into your care." Shureii said though inwardly thinking that she would not be here for long.

Not if I could help it...

Taking a bite out of the scrumptious looking breakfast Catherine had brought her, Shureii smiled at her before digging into the meal, all the while musing about her circumstances.

However reincarnation fics don't usually let reincarnated people who've come in contact with such important people wander off to a peaceful life...

Thanking her, Shureii watched as she left the room, promising to return soon with clothes for the day.

I guess the best option is to just go along with the flow and wait for the quickest way out...

Reaching out to pick up the stone Louis had given her and the headdress the prince bestowed upon her, she let out a sigh.

Hopefully that won't be too far off in the future.

Hearing Catherine's voice again, Shureii turned, placing the stone back down.

Indeed, it would be best if I left as soon as possible...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
...Or so I wish...

Looking up at the smiling King, Shureii had to forcefully keep her own smile.

"So what do you say to that, Lady Shureii? Don't you think it is a wonderful idea? Or..."