Chapter 62 (H.E.)

Shureii was right about her peaceful life coming to an end when she received Albrecht's message. This time however, it was of her own free will.

Tonight.

Her eyes took on a serious look as she destroyed all evidence of there having even been the message.

It is time...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
"What? Shureii, no!"

"Yuki."

She turned her eyes to him, a pleading expression in her eyes even as her voice remained firm.

"Shureii, this is dangerous! You can't expect me to let you do this!" Yuki said, uncharacteristically raising his voice at Shureii.

Albrecht cut in, his normally neutral voice laced with the smallest hint of concern.

"He is right. Even with Eduardo's professionalism and good logical thinking, from what I hear from my own spies, he is suspicious of you. I know that he will not say anything about you due to his loyalty to me, but going to the palace would expose you directly to my brother and others. Had I known the situation had gotten this serious, I would not have brought you to the Veldhuizen Kingdom at all."

Shureii could tell from his slight tensing that the Prince was greatly upset at how much the princess had brainwashed everyone in the palace.

"It isn't too late. I can send you back to the Gweawyr Kingdom. You cannot possibly stay safe here. It is only a matter of time that Eduardo and the others find out that the one the princess had been warning everyone about is you."

Despite their urging, Shureii shook her head.

"I have made my decision. Although I had been reluctant about putting myself in danger when I left two years ago, I am not anymore."

She lowered her eyes, fingering the crystal on her neck.

"I have also come to a realization that makes it impossible for me to ignore the state of affairs here. I will go to the palace and observe personally what is going on."

Her hand clenched around the crystal as she raised her eyes to look at Yuki.

"It is something I am fated to do. Something that will eventually find itself back to me."

Albrecht saw Yuki's eyes narrow as he struggled with whatever hidden meaning was in Shureii's words. After a few tense moments, he took a deep breath.

"Excuse me. I will return shortly."

With that he walked past Albrecht and through the door. His clenched fists and tense jaw did not escape Albrecht's eyes.

"He's angry isn't he?" Shureii said tiredly.

Albrecht turned back to look at her and saw that her initial firmness had disappeared, leaving her with a tired look. Catching his eyes, she put up a small smile.

"Perhaps it is time to tell you everything."

This perked his interest.

"I...have...no...had knowledge of the future."

His eyes widened. That was unexpected, but sensing how she would not want to be disturbed when it was a hard decision for her to tell him this secret, he kept quiet.

"My role was to be the villainess--the exact person the princess is trying to portray me as. However, I did not wish to be so and had wanted to escape my fate. Hence, my disappearance before and the reason why I decided to leave the Kingdom....However fate was not kind to me as I was continuously brought back to this Kingdom."

Albrecht guiltily noted that he had played a part in it, but the quick smile on her face and slight shake of her head showed that she did not blame him for his actions.

"The fact that I was repeatedly brought back would not have been enough to convince me to stay at the Veldhuizen Kingdom. In fact, had you asked me before my interrogation, I would have agreed to leave and go back to the Gweawyr Kingdom."

The interrogation...

Albrecht's eyes narrowed.

"Did Eduardo do something to you?"

Shureii shook her head.

"No. He didn't do anything to me. Rather, my meeting with him made me realize something. And it is because of that I cannot leave the Kingdom to remain as it is. For now, I need more information."

She saw that he was about to say she didn't need to go to get the information and stopped him before he could speak.

"It is not simple information, but something deeper. In order to get this information, I have to be within relatively close vicinity to the Princess...and the others involved in the future I know about."

Having said what she needed to, she loosened up a little.

"All that to say, I am not foolish and do not wish to die. As much as possible, I will try to remain inconspicuous as a maid or any servant of sorts."

Albrecht suppressed a sigh as he processed everything she said.

I can see why Yuki was so upset...knowing this information and combining it with the situation right now...

"You are certain that this is what you want to do?"

"Yes."

He closed his eyes.

"Then I will support you."

Upon hearing his words, Shureii's lips curved in a smile.

"Thank you."

Opening his eyes and seeing the gentle smile of relief on her tired face, Albrecht knew that a small part of him will always regret his decision.

She didn't need to outright say that she would be in danger. If she really was as vicious as the princess was making her out to be, then exile would be a merciful punishment. Even with her plan to go as a servant is incredibly risky as the princess is on the look out for her...

His eyes followed her to the kitchen after she excused herself to turn off the kettle.

Shureii...even though we want to protect you, you won't let us would you?

He knew that if he had not agreed, she would have found some other way to get into the palace.

The only thing I can do is to respect your wishes and protect you the best I can...At least like this, I can put you in a favorable position where my people can keep a watch over you...