Chapter 72 (H.E.)

Shureii knew by having a week off didn't mean she would be able to laze away her days (nor did she want to). She was expecting to be given a job that didn't require much work such as copying down old records.

She finished getting ready for the day and was about to head out when she was greeted by an unexpected voice.

"Good morning, Apprentice Emma."

She barely kept from jumping in surprise. Calming her startled heart, she turned to the voice. Dark brown eyes and matching brown hair defined the youth before her.

Youth...

She said youth, but he was much taller than her.

Judging from his height, I am guessing he is the same age as Louis when I first met him...so around 14? That's beside the point though...Why is he here in the first place?

"Good morning, Apprentice..."

"Guren."

Guren? The most promising healer and head apprentice? Second only to Lord Raphael in medical ranking?

"Lord Raphael asked me to escort you to the left wing."

The left wing...? I heard that it was forbidden to go there though...

"Ah...yes..." She said uncertainly, confused as to what was going on. Also she knew right now she didn't have the best of reputations so...

However looking up into his eyes, she saw no hatred or despise. Nodding her assent, they began walking.

Jotto matte...Guren? I know that name....

She peeked at him sideways. Brown hair...brown eyes...relatively good build and an bishounen face...

Ah!

She did an inner fist hitting her open palm anime realization. (*lols you guys don't have to understand, but if you do, yay!)

He was the apprentice that carried me once and took care of Yuki! To think that he would grow so much in two years...

A soft smile spread across her face.

I knew he was a promising healer when I was teaching...it's good to see one's apprentice grow up so well...

"Apprentice Emma."

"Yes?"

She looked up at him.

"I apologize on behalf of our peers and also for not noticing that you were being so severely bullied. As a long-standing member of this palace, we should have ensured you were treated well."

Ah...seems Master Raphael spoke to him about yesterday's incident...but...judging from the other people's confused and jealous looks, not everyone knows?

Seeing his bowed head, she shook her head.

"Please raise your head! It is not your fault!"

After all, it would be hard for you to notice in the first place since the girls and guys are separated...

He slowly straightened up. His eyes looking directly at the girl before him.