Chapter 75 (H.E.)

After the week of rest, Shureii was able to get back to work. Her official accusation had been cleared. However, the rumors and accusations the princess had spread remained in the jealous hearts of the girl apprentices and ladies.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
While I am glad that most of the bullying has stopped....

Shureii paused while walking and casually tilted her head to the side. Sure enough, she saw what she had expected.

I would really appreciate it if they won't give me the silent-let-me-glare-at-you-the-whole-day tactic. It is kinda creepy and tiring....seriously. Even at nighttime I occasionally hear someone opening the door to check up on me. It's as if they are waiting for me to do something bad...

Suppressing a sigh, she kept her smile on as she entered the office. Almost simultaneously she felt the glares intensify.

Ano ne...I am not going to do anything to your precious "Guren-sama" or "Raphael-sama" as otome game words would describe them as...

Hearing the door open, Raphael looked up and upon seeing Shureii went back to work.

"I assume you finished your errand?"

"Yes, Master."

"Good. Go assist Guren next."

"Yes, Master."

Thus was the daily life of Shureii (or Emma) after the clear up. Most of her time was spent assisting either Raphael or Guren. This act, while certainly keeping her in favorable conditions health-wise, caused jealousy to rise among the other apprentices who admired both men.

Hah....when will this finish?

Shureii thought with exasperation as she felt glares even through the window. Her mood took on a more serious turn.

Moreover...the princess has been quiet for quite some time...I can't help but feel uneasy....
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Shureii was right to feel uncomfortable about how inactive the princess had been recently. While Princess Claire had not been targeting Shureii specifically, she had been sharing her "concerns" about someone waiting to hurt her.

The primary recipients of her concerns were of course, the Veldhuizen King and the King of Avamaeborg. Also, whenever she saw Louis, Raphael, or Eduardo she would purposely look scared or ill but "pretend" she was "fine" as if to hide her "fears" and "weakness" in order to "not worry" them.

To make me go to this extent...you will receive the best treatment out of all the girls I have...had the pleasure of meeting...Miss Emma...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
A pair of emerald eyes watched from its lazy perch on a tree branch.

Louis had returned from his trip and had gotten wind of the rumors and incidents that had occurred during his absence. His original interest in the maid (now turned apprentice) became something of more caution.

Currently he had been awaken from his nap when he heard soft humming. He would've quietly left had it not been for the uncomfortable feeling that he had heard that song before. Thus he watched as the apprentice worked.

His sharp eyes noted that her hands had indeed been injured...and quite severely so. Her wounds had reduced to light scars that showed they had been quite deep.

As I thought...she is not an ordinary girl...to have kept quiet about such bullying and her conduct toward Lord Raphael has not changed from the respectful servitude she had had before. Why would she be the subject of the rumors then? Why was she linked with harming the princess? Why did she wear that expression of such pain and sadness when we first met? And why...

He looked down at his clenched hand that had formed into a fist without him knowing.

Why am I so concerned about her?
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Left alone to do her work, Shureii dropped the smile she had forced herself to have on the entire day. The contents of the letter of that night burned into her mind, haunting her day and night. She knew that the princess was coming up with something...most likely something big. The question was when it happened, would she still be able to carry out her role....

Just a little longer...just a little longer...

She looked down at the ring on her hand.

If only the villainess wasn't connected to me...Every day it seems as though I sync with her even more and more. It hurt so much the last time I saw the kings with the heroine, can I handle it again?

She shook her head, clenching her hand.

No. It shouldn't be a question. I must be able to control the villainess' feelings. I have to. I must. There is no other way.