Chapter 77 (H.E.)

"Emma, is this how I do it?"

Shureii looked up and smiled.

"That looks perfect."

During the time spent under Raphael's exclusive tutelage together, Guren and Shureii had gotten closer. Guren out of respect and Shureii out a want to have a younger person to take care of (because Yuki and Eugene grew up waaaayyyyyy too quickly).

It had all started when Guren was tasked to make something that was both nutritious and healthy. Unfortunately for all his brilliance, he was a hopeless cook. That was when Shureii came in. She saw him struggling with what looked to be a lump of mud and burnt barks. Needless to say, Guren latched onto her when she made a delicious cake from the same ingredients he was supposed to use.

Seeing the puppy-eyed look of a pet awaiting praise, Shureii smiled as she finished eating the herbal snack.

"Delicious."

His eyes brightened and he looked like the young teen he was instead of the formidable healer...of course on the taller side. (><)

It's good to see such enthusiasm in someone so young. (She ignored the part that told her that right now if anyone looked at the two of them, she would not look older than him at all) It's almost like when I was teaching as the Head Advisor to Healers.... though I guess he is much more cuter in this state than his studious one from before...

Hearing a knock on the door, she drew out of her thoughts.

"Yes?"

Seeing who it was, she opened the door fully to let him in.

"Please wait here, I will bring Master Raphael."

"No need. I did not come for him."

"Should I call, Apprentice Guren?"

"No."

Shureii wasn't sure as to what the ikemen lord was doing standing at the door just smiling down at her. Seeing nothing else she could do, she just smiled back.

"Would you like to come in?"

His smile grew wider.

"No."

An irk mark formed on her head even as her expression remained pleasant.

Then what do you want?! I'm having a hard time dealing with the squealing villainess inside me so please stop smiling at me and--

"How about you come out with me?"

She blinked.

Eh?

Before she could react, she felt her hand being grabbed.

"Wait...what? L-Lord Louis?!"

"Emma, what is--Lord Louis?"

"G-Guren!" Shureii managed to get out as she was briskly whisked away by the flirtatious lord.

Why is this happening? Is Louis deprived of female company that he happened to drag whatever female he met with first? But that doesn't make sense! Why is he doing this? Moreover...

She struggled to free her hand from the gentle but surprisingly strong grip he had on her.

My hand! My hand! Let go of my hand!
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Somehow Shureii ended up being kidna--kindly escorted--by the handsome lord the whole day. She was curious as to why no one stopped the frivolous lord when Guren would have called Raphael or someone to alert them of Louis' weird behavior. Although she wasn't sure, she felt as though it had something to do with the heroine.

"Isn't that right, Miss Emma?"

Blinking, she looked up at the smiling lord before her.

"Yes..."

He is smiling like that, but his eyes are so cold. Moreover...I know that he loves the princess...

Feeling a pang in her heart, Shureii realized her mistake.

Ah...

Ever since she had met with all of the main characters of the world, she had synced well with the villainess. Except this proved to be bothersome because her knowledge of how the ikemen never loved or ever will love the villainess now melded with the villainess' heart and feelings towards them.
Her villainess part was once again reminded of how her feelings would never be returned and Shureii suffered the pain.

"Miss Emma, is something wrong?" Louis asked in concern, wondering why she was looking up at her with such a carefully concealed expression.

At his words, she smiled softly and shook her head.

"No. Thank you for your worries. However I believe I should get going." She said, glancing up at the sky.

Sure enough the evening bell rang. Getting up, she curtsied to him.

"Thank you for today. Although I do not understand the reason, I had an enjoyable time."

"Do you not wish to stay longer?"

At this, she paused but didn't turn to face him. Then...

"That is not something my lord wishes."

Taken by surprise at her unexpected answer, Louis didn't respond immediately.

Turning halfway to cast a look at him, she let out a smile.

"Forgive me for my rudeness. Please ignore my words. Then, vedahave, my lord."

With that, she walked away, emerald eyes following after her. Although her posture and expression remained calm, inside her was different.

Louis...it seems as though you hold a special place in the villainess' heart...You are cruel to lead on a girl like that...

Meanwhile a perplexed Louis remained in the area Shureii had just left.

Why? Why is it that everything I thought, heard, and knew about her is wrong? Why was she not happy?

He looked at the neatly folded leftover napkins that he had seen the girl clean up after their picnic. Picking one of them up, his eyes clouded over.

And why...why do I feel so hurt?