Chapter 63 (H.E.)

Wiping her sweat, Shureii straightened up to survey her work on the garden. A small smile spread across her face as she noted it was satisfactory.

You little ones are growing well huh...

She thought, casting the remaining droplets of water on the small peonies.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Albrecht had immediately went through with the process of finding a job with access to a large portion of the palace while remaining inconspicuous. It turned out that there was something very close to what she needed.

However, it required that she did a lot of menial jobs. And by a lot...it took the word to another stretch of its definition as it practically meant that she would not be able to rest until late night.

Thus it was no surprise that Albrecht had been unwilling to mention this job to her, but Shureii had seen the paper with that job's description at the way bottom of the available jobs. Needless to say, she chose that job without hesitation and was readily accepted due to most people wanting to avoid the job.

The first few days were hard, even with the guidance of the people Albrecht had watching over her. She could see why the longest anyone held the job was for a month. A lot of the work she had to do was toiling under the sun, lifting many books, and running to do other small errands and tasks.

However Shureii was determined to keep that job as it proved to be exactly what she was looking for. Not only did it give her access to nearly all the rooms, but occasional needs for fill ins made her able to hear direct information from the courts and gossips. It was, in short, an ideal job to acquire information.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
"Emma!"

Hearing her fake name, Shureii looked up and saw Alisha, a kind girl who was also her roommate, running to her.

"I'm sorry! I know it's supposed to be your lunch time soon, but there is another job for you at the botanical gardens!" She said apologetically.

"Ah, thank you for informing me, Alisha." Shureij said with a smile. She did not expect to be glomped the next second and struggled to maintain her balance.

"Emma! You're such a sweetie! You never complain and do your work so well! You can come to me at anytime when things get too hard for you okay? Girls your age should depend on older people like me!"

Ahahaha...while I am grateful for your concern, in actuality I am not 16 but 19--two years older than you...

"Okay. I will come to you whenever things get too hard for me. Thank you, Alisha."

After one last squeeze, the other girl let her go.

"Don't forget your words, okay?"

"Okay. You better hurry too. Ms Sara seems to be coming this way."

Sure enough, a shrill voice pierced the air.

"Alisha~!"

The said girl flinched before running to the impatient woman.

Kawaii....

Shaking her head while smiling, Shureii placed the watering bucket back to its original spot.

Now, time for me to go my next job...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Organizing the herbs was something Shureii did easily, seeing that most of them were ones she had brought to the palace in the first place. Thus it was no surprise that she was often called to the botanical garden. Although it did require more work than most of her other works, she didn't mind as it gave her reprieve from her information gathering. It gave her time to organize her thoughts.

So far things are going well. No one suspects me of being anything other than a simple country girl who knows a lot about herbs and needs money...

She rinsed her hands before inspecting another batch of herbs.

Still...to think that the heroine who is supposed to be good is such a two-faced person...I still find it hard to believe. The princess is known for her kindness and benevolence, but...

She recalled how a beautiful noble girl had mysteriously gotten sick after having been declared the most beautiful at a tea party and how a peasant girl went missing after having caught a flower Louis had randomly tossed after one of his tournaments.

Not to mention countless rumors of how certain maids (ones with particular beauty) were kicked out for "illicitly seducing" their masters. Of course no one suspected the Princess and thought it must be another noble girl. However Albrecht's resources pointed towards the princess but the evidence was not solid enough to bring her to court.

Things are much worse than I thought...still because most of these matters are not too severe, there is a good chance that the princess might calm down...I will have to see. If she doesn't change soon...

Shureii's hand paused above the plant she was caring for.

I will become the villainess. Then the game will properly adjust itself and the princess will be the good heroine she is supposed to be...That way no one will get hurt...and the mass destruction I saw will be avoided.

Her eyes darkened. She had remembered the missing part of her memories. She would prevent what she had seen.

Now that she knew that this world was not a simple otome game, but the equivalent of a parallel world in a different universe, she could not ignore the lives that were in danger here.

It was most likely her fault that the heroine who was supposed to build up the country was instead on the road of destroying it. The Princess's jealous viciousness, if left to develop, would lead to destruction.

Forcibly coming out of her deep thoughts, Shureii let out a sigh.

I wonder how long I can keep my true intentions hidden from Albrecht and Yuki...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Don't worry if you are confused. Things will all come to make sense.~^^