Chapter 68 (H.E.)

Tutelage under Lord Raphael was very much like the time she had spent as the Head Advisor to all Healers, except their roles were no longer as colleagues but as apprentice and master. Still Shureii found that the time she spent with Raphael was as enjoyable as before even with the lingering suspicions he had on her.

Still...I cannot be picky. It is enough that he hasn't tried to get rid of me...

Hearing voices, Shureii stood up from her kneeling position of examining the herbs.

"Welcome back, Master Raphael." She said, bowing her head, no longer needing to curtsy as she wasn't a maid anymore.

"So this is the girl you took in as an apprentice for her amazing talent with herbs, Lord Raphael."

Hearing the soft, sweet voice, Shureii immediately froze. Even without having heard her before, her villainess part told her who she was.

The heroine...

Feeling someone approaching her, Shureii quickly masked her feelings just before a voice spoke to her.

"Raise your head. I wish to see who had caught Raphael's interest."

Doing as she was commanded, Shureii saw a pair of familiar blue eyes. Her heart clenched.

King Vincent...

"Hmm, Raphael, your apprentice is rather lovely. No wonder you chose her." He said with a smile.

"King Vincent, I believe you are making the girl uncomfortable." Came the Princess' voice and Shureii knew she had not misheard the tinge of dislike in her saccharine voice. However it seemed no one else noticed.

"I agree, King Vincent, it is improper for those of royal lineage to act with such conduct to servants."

She recognized that voice without looking.

King...Risteard...

Raphael merely let out a sigh before turning to Shureii.

"Please bring some herbal teas and snacks to the botanical gardens."

"Yes, Master Raphael." She said, lowering her head again before leaving them.

Once she was out of their sight, she found that she could not maintain her neutral expression. Letting out a shaky breath, she touched her pendant.

I see...

Her hand clenched.

So the ones that the villainess loves the most are King Risteard and King Vincent...

She closed her eyes.

Moreover...the way the pain in my heart intensified when I met with the heroine...that was unexpected...
At this rate...I don't know how much I can carry on hiding the villainess' feelings...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Luckily the meeting between Lord Raphael, Princess Claire, King Vincent, and King Risteard went without Shureii getting unwanted attention. Her heart, however, was conflicting within her, causing her to feel very exhausted by the time she returned to her newly room as an apprentice.

I never knew inner turmoil could be this troublesome...

She thought as she locked her room. Turning around, she saw a white scroll on her small table.

A letter? But Albrecht usually only sends one once a week...

Furrowing her eyebrows, she picked it up and unrolled it. Her eyes widened as she read the content inside.

*Uso...(this can't be...it has to be a lie)...

The parchment fell from her shaking hands.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
After sending her greetings for the night to the two Kings, Princess Claire retired to her own lavish chambers.

Hmph.

She smirked.

I have the two most powerful men under my control. They love me so much...who wouldn't? I am beautiful, rich, talented...anything a man could wish for! Ah~it is so sweet to see a handsome man like Louis try to satisfy himself with the company of other ladies because he knows he could never have me. Even the coolheaded Raphael and Eduardo want me...everything is perfect...just so perfect...

With a clank, she put the last of her jewelry into her large jewelry box.

All the ladies fear and admire me. I am what they want to be like. None of them can compete with me...and those that tried to step out of their places...well...

Her dainty fingers trailed the long chain on her necklace.

They are no more..

Suddenly her oh too sweet smile dropped as she recalled something from the day.

That girl...Emma was it? She stole King Vincent's attention from me...that is unforgivable...
However...she did avert her gaze and she is under Raphael's tutelage...

Hearing the door open, she greeted her maid pleasantly.

"Did you find out who Louis and Prince Eugene have been searching for?"

"Yes, Princess. It was a maid named Emma."

Emma...hm...

Her red lips parted in an cold smile.

Never mind...it seems you are my next target...Emma...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Shureii picked up the parchment, disposing it as she usually did her messages from Albrecht.

This...

She clenched her hands.

To think that I would be forced into the villainess' role in such a way...No...it is not determined, but...

Her eyes remained fixated on the burning parchment.

I had misjudged you...Princess Claire...no...

The fire reflected in her eyes.

Heroine-san