Shureii x Rich Entrepreneur (Part 1)

Two years went by. Shureii kept her memories of the otome game and Takao to herself, but found it in her to move on relatively well. She graduated from her university at the tender age of 18 and started working officially as a member at the laboratories, steadily earning a reputation as a superb surgeon and researcher.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
"Wonder what's going on there...the interns are acting more stupid and useless than usual."

"Mari." Shureii said, softly reprimanding her coworker who seemed to hate interns and found faults with them no matter what. Mari pouted, causing Shureii to smile.

Hmm...she does have a point though...

Shureii mused as she saw the gaggle of interns as she and Mari rounded the corner.

"He's so good looking!"

"Do you think he will stay much longer?"

"If I make a good impression on him, I would definitely get a promotion!"

"Should I skip my shift?"

The unfortunate last comment was said directly in front of Mari who gritted her teeth.

"You do that and you're dead."

Simultaneously the interns all turned as one, identical looks of abject terror on their faces. Suddenly the crowded hallway had become devoid of all except Mari and Shureii. A wry smile touched Shureii's lips.

As always, Mari is incredible.

Hearing the click of the office door opening, Shureii heard the director's calling out to her and Mari.

"Mari and Shureii! What good timing! Come inside for a moment."

Hm?

Shureii exchanged looks with Mari, who shrugged before entering first.

"Oh...he is good looking." Mari murmured appreciatively under her breath.

For Mari to say that, he must be rather handsome...

Shureii thought with amusement and a bit of curiosity, knowing Mari had high standards. Soon, she too had entered the office.

To her left, Mari stood with a smile next to the director. The guest had his back to Shureii, obscuring his face from her vision. He shook Mari's hand before turning to face Shureii.

Their eyes met. Shureii's eyes widened ever so slightly.

How could this be?

Approaching her, the man looked down at her.

"I've been wanting to meet you, Miss Shureii."

He said, shaking her hand.

This can't be real.

"Your research immediately caught my interest and I just had to invest in this project."

He can't possibly be who I think he is...

"Ah...thank you." She said, having fully recovered her composed and relaxed smile.

Yes, yes. It must be coincidence. There is no way--are?

She tried to tug her hand away, but he held onto it. Her smile stiffened.

Why isn't he letting go of me?

"Mr.--"

"Please. Call me Eiji." He said ever so pleasantly.

Yappari...Eiji ka...(*as I thought...it's Eiji)