Chapter 11

"You really didn't have to."

"Oh but if I did not, my conscience would not let me be. You must let me do as I wish, Shureii. I earnestly beg of you."

Letting out a laugh that she hoped didn't sound too awkward, Shureii tried to distract Louis while discretely pulling her hair away from him.

"S-So this is an Elsker stone? I've never heard of such a thing before! Could you explain to me what it is?"

There! Awkward situation successfully...NOT avoided! Louis please! Return to your old self! Don't get any closer....!

"Shureii, actually that stone--"

"Louis, could I borrow Lady Shureii?"

"Your Majesty..."

Louis said, recognizing the person, before rising and bowing.

"Of course."

Turning to look at Shureii, he pressed yet another kiss on her hand.

"I will see you soon."

Now is not the time to tell you the meaning of the stone...However later...maybe, just maybe, I will be able to tell you...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Haaaaahhhhh...as much as I am grateful for the escape provided...

Shureii let her eyes go up to meet the face of the newcomer.

Did it really have to be him?

Before her stood the King in all his glory. He wore the imperial colors of royal blue and gold that complimented his striking blue eyes and wavy blond hair. His only accessories were his crown and intricately embroidered robe, swept over one broad shoulder, which upon closer look had silver inscriptions. On his hip was a sword, much like the Excalibur, also filled with intricate inscriptions colored by gold fillings. Altogether, he made an impressive figure.

"You look absolutely stunning, Lady Shureii."

He said, catching one of her hands in his gloved ones and bending slightly to kiss it. To Shureii's relief, other than a smile, which was borderline smirking, the King did not do anything out of ordinary during the customary greeting.

"You are much too kind, Your Majesty." Shureii said, with a smile.

He seems to be more decent now. Still...better be alert so as to avoid any unnecessary situations.

As if reading her thoughts, the King spoke with amusement in his voice.

"Why so formal, call me Vincent. After all...hmm...?"

Shureii had stopped him mid lean, placing a hand on his chest and covering her ear with the other. Pulling back with an amused look, he looked down at her.

"How interesting."

Then, catching sight of someone behind her, he gave her a swift kiss on the hand.

"I just came to compliment you. Until next time then, Lady Shureii."

"Until next time."