Chapter 65 (H.E.)

Shureii made sure to stay more under the radar than she had previously been. She wasn't sure exactly what expression she had worn when Louis had unexpectedly lifted her face, but if any of her emotions had shown, then she knew he would be confused. And confusion meant interest. Interest that she wanted to avoid at all costs.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
"Lord Louis! Lord Louis!!"

"Lord Louis, please wait!"

"Lord Louis, I have something to give you!"

Hah~

Shureii let out a relieved sigh as she sagged against the wall.

Arigato na fangirls...

She had found that fangirls were extremely useful in avoiding bishounens and ikemens. Once she heard the excited murmurs, squeals, giggles, whispering, etc., she knew that she should be careful to hide herself.

Ah...Seriously...Out of all available jobs, why did I have to get assigned to this one? Being the assistant maid manager for the tea party held for nobles and visiting nobles? That makes things so difficult. Not to mention, there already was a person for this job! Where did she go? Mou~and this happens when I am trying to avoid Louis?!

Extra Info

What Shureii didn't know was that the former assistant manager had been caught off duty too many times, either drooling at the handsome noblemen like a rabid fangirl or busy trying to seduce the lower nobles.

They had kept her because she was skilled and no one was as good at her in analyzing the situation and instructing people on what needed to be done...if she was not in her fangirl-mentally disordered state.

Thus, with Shureii proving to be a rather effective job juggler as well as having no interests whatsoever in romance, the staff heads found their chance and temporarily demoted the original assistant manager until the party where the "most eligible and handsome ikemen" were going to gather was over.

Extra Info End|

Letting out another sigh, Shureii picked up the basket of a fresh batch of flowers she was going to use to replace the flowers inside the crystal dome where the party was held.

Who knew that cute little boy would turn out to be such a womanizer?

She paused as an uncharacteristic pout formed on her face.

Now that I think about it, all the cute little bishounens turned into flirtatious ikemen. Louis was already one when I met him again at the Veldhuizen palace and now even Yuki is one too! Ah~I forgot that bishounens can't remain pretty and cute forever...they become handsome, grownup ikemens.

Shureii had found that her villainess side was much easier to control when she was not around the ikemens that the villainess fell in love with. As of such, with her successful avoidance of all unnecessary encounters, she had found that her mood had lifted.

Mah...I guess the only cute bishounen I have left will be Eug--

"Forgive me, I wasn't looking where I was going." Came a smooth voice from above her.

She froze.

E-Eugene...

His voice had gotten deeper and his outstretched hand was definitely larger. Ordinarily no one would have been able to connect the cute little boy with what Shureii assumed to be a handsome man before her. However, Shureii recognized the small handkerchief hanging on his breast pocket.

*Yabai... (basically this is a bad/dangerous position to be in)

"Miss, are you alright?"

Seeing how he was reaching out to help her up, Shureii quickly got up on her own, making sure her head was kept low.

"No, the fault also lies in me. Thank you for your concern."

"Are you sure? If you are hurt anywhere, I can--"

"Ah! It's Prince Eugene!"

"Crown Prince!"

"Please wait!"

Using the confusion as her guard, Shureii curtsied once more before swiftly fleeing away from the prince.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Uwah! Abunai katta na...(*that was dangerous)...Once again, thank you fangirls. I will never find you just annoying ever again...

She took a quick breather before entering the crystal dome.

I am not willing to confront fate so soon.

Her lips pursed as her hands clenched slightly around the flower basket handle. She had not missed the way the villainess' heart had jumped inside of her even before seeing the prince's face.

*sigh* Seriously, the last thing I need is a jealous villainess inciting more jealousy in the princess who is finally starting to act like a heroine.

Shureii's face remained neutral as she diligently arranged the flowers in the equivalent of what would be the backstage. Passing the completed flower vase to a waiting maid, she just realized something.

If that really was Eugene (who am I kidding, of course it is) this means...

She clipped the unneeded stem length off a rose.

...None of the cute bishounens exist anymore...

... ... ...baka. What are you thinking of when you should be concentrating on getting this work done? At this rate I'll--...ouch...

Shureii pulled back her finger and saw that one of the thorns had pricked her.

...I guess I deserved that...well, the arrangement is nearly done anyways, I'll just hold my index finger up so as to avoid infection and rinse it after I finish with this batch...there!

Luckily it happened to be the last batch and was the one that would be placed the furthest from the main party. Thus, Shureii didn't wait for the maid and decided to put out the flowers herself.

This way I won't need an excuse to go rinse my hands in the fountain near the entrance...Not to mention, if I have something in my hands no one will need to ask me to do something, meaning ikemens will be avoided...for now I need to focus on making sure I don't bump into anyone with this...

She had almost reached the entrance when she saw a pair of shoes, causing her to stop abruptly and wait for the person to pass. However the person didn't move as she had expected.

Ano sa...this is getting kinda heavy...

"Who are you?"

Her eyes widened. The telltale beating of her (villainess) heart did nothing to help her.

Why...why is Eugene in the servant's section?
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

*For you confused people, Eugene is also part Ancient so his growth is similar to what happened to Yuki. More will be explained later..