Shureii x CEO (Part 1)

"Shureii!"

Jerking awake, Shureii panted. Raising a hand to her sweating forehead, she took in a deep breath. Reaching out, she drank from the water bottle she had prepared beforehand.

Again...it's the same dream...could it be someone from the otome world? But who?

Her eyebrows furrowed in deep thought.

For quite some time, Shureii had been having dreams of someone desperately searching for her. It bothered her and each time she woke up, she couldn't recall the face or voice, only that it was a male. Hearing her alarm go off, she sighed.

At least I didn't wake up too early...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Yawning, Shureii waited for the coffee dispensers to do their work on the last pair of cups, when she felt someone bump into her. It was only her quick reflexes earned from the many hours spent on miscellaneous tasks in the otome world that saved the dozen cups she was holding on a tray.

"Oh, I'm sorry." A handsome man around his early twenties said, realizing his mistake.

"It is alright." Shureii said. Her eyes were drawn to the now ready cups. Placing them on the tray, she nodded to the man before leaving.

Unknown to her, the man's eyes followed her until she disappeared. A slow smile spread across his face.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Suppressing yet another yawn, Shureii analyzed the person sitting before her. She had been practically hauled by a panicking secretary from the labs with the explanation of someone important requesting to meet with her.

Mr. Zhuravelv. A multimillionaire bachelor known for his extremely good looks and highly intelligent mind. Has broken the hearts of many both romantically and financially. Known internationally and kept on high profile...in other words...

Shureii smiled politely, not betraying her inner thoughts.

...someone I do not want to be associated with.

"I'm sorry for calling you in so abruptly."

"No, it is no problem."

Which was true, but that didn't change the fact that she wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Seeing her up close, the handsome man was convinced of his decision. She was who he was looking for.

He leaned closer.

"I have a favor to ask of you."
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Favor? More like blackmail...and bribery...Shureii thought, but with no hard feelings as she recalled her meeting with the man.

His deceptively pleasant words and conditions had her superiors sweating in nervousness. To be truthful, it was Shureii's pity on them rather than access to the restricted information and money that led to her agreeing to help him out. To add to that, he didn't seem like a bad person either so might as well.

Wrapping her bathroom robe tighter around her, she looked down at the business card he had left her.

Somehow I feel uneasy, like I'm missing something here...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ