Her Story

Trigger warning, there are sensitive topics in this story and may be hard for some viewers to read if that's the case, then please click the little X at the top to exit the story.

Kayleigh's POV

"You..." Slap "Listen..." Punch "To..." Kick "ME!" Punch... My Mum screams at me as she delivers my daily beatings following Alpha Ryan's. They started beating me when I was just 11 years old. I was just a child. My dad saved my life in a rogue attack as I couldn't shift yet, so I was utterly useless. It cost him his life, my Mum her mate and Alpha Ryan his Beta and best friend.  They blamed me for his death, not the rogues that slaughtered him. ME! I used to be loved, I used to be respected, but now, now I'm broken.

I guess all it takes is one accident to bring out someone's true colours.

FLASHBACK 7 YEARS AGO

"Let's go for a run." My dad said cheerfully, slinging an arm around my shoulder as best as he could from our height difference, and steered me towards the backyard.

"Yay! I can't wait till I can shift." I said, excitement bursting through me.

"You will soon sweetie. Now let's go." I smiled, and we went outside. Dad left to go and shift when he had fully transformed. He signalled for me to jump on. Once I had done so, he took off. We ran zipping through the trees for a while until I got off and began to explore the forest. I had just jumped over some small boulders when I heard a threatening growl. I stopped dead in my tracks. Looking up, I saw 3 rogues emerge from the trees. Panic bubbled up inside me, I mind linked my dad the location and asked him to help. I was able to mind-link him because all families have their own private link, which is always open. It takes a great deal of power to block your mind from those whose blood runs through you.

In a flash, he was there fighting off the rogues then 2 more of these bloodthirsty creatures emerged from the shadows all lusting to see my dad take his last breath. "RUN KAYLEIGH NOW!!" He barked through the link, but I didn't. I couldn't. The dusty red rogue lunged at my dad and tackled him to the floor, that's when I realised he wasn't going to walk out of this battle alive. The rest of the rogues jumped on him and savagely ripped him apart. I stood there in complete shock. Tears brimmed my eyes. One fell then, a river of saltiness was streaming down my face as I looked at the sight before me. I noticed that the rouges had slipped back into the night. While I sat there holding my father's limp body, crying. I screamed as loud as my body would let me after a while, Alpha Ryan and 3 warriors came just as I drifted off into the darkness.

Waking up to an annoying beep, I opened my eyes, but quickly closed them due to the harsh light. When my eyes adjusted to the brightness, I looked around and spotted my mom sitting on a chair with tear-stained cheeks. "Mom?" I croaked out she looked at me with a hard glare, eyes filled with disgust, pain and anger.

And it was all directed at me. 

"You little bitch, you killed my mate," she snarled as her eyes turned black, tears still strolled down her cheeks. She extracted her claws. She made her way to my bed with a murderous look in her eyes. She gripped the metal bars of the bed so tightly the metal bent into the shape of her fist. My heart began to race, I was terrified, and she knew it too. I feared my own mother. She reached up causing me to flinch and cover my face as I was blocking her desired target she instead slashed my arm with her razor-sharp claws causing blood to ooze out of the fresh wound. I screamed out in pain. "I'm going to make your life a living hell. I promise you that girl." She spat venomously as she retracted her claws and stormed out. Soon after Alpha Ryan came in, his eyes shifting from his normal emerald green to a midnight black.

"Talk," he spoke through gritted teeth. I could tell his usual tight rein on his control had dissipated, I was afraid he would wolf out, so I didn't dare disobey him. I explained what happened, and he growled at me he held the same look my mother did. "How- how can you live with yourself, you- you killed your own father. You worthless mutt. I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE YOU LIVE EVERYDAY WISHING YOU WERE SLAUGHTERED INSTEAD OF JACK. You just stood there! You could've run to us and gotten him help. LIKE HE TOLD YOU TOO! You just stood there!" He screamed at me. I don't know why they are doing this to me, saying those things to me. It wasn't my fault... was it?

PRESENT TIME

A tear strolled down my face as I recalled the day I lost not just my dad but my mum and my pack. Everyone who I cared for turned on me because of an accident. As the years went on I tried to block out the memories of my dad, so I didn't feel the guilt anymore, I thought it was the only way I would survive, but I was wrong. The only thing that kept me from taking my life was the hope of finding happiness, and of course my wolf. I have only ever shifted twice: the first-ever time I shifted; the second time was when I tried to escape this pack. The Dark Moon. When I was caught I was given a beating so agonizing I never tried it again, but I have been preserving my wolf Karlee's strength, so we could muster the strength to escape and start a better life, maybe in another pack. I know deep down I will never be the same fun, bubbly little girl I was. I'm weak and fragile. I know I'll stay this way because it's easier to stay weak and not be expected to do good so, if you fail it's okay because it's harder to be strong and be expected to do great and when you don't you're shamed upon.

I walked back up the stairs, my body barely making it due to my lack of energy. I hated feeling so weak all the time! But there was nothing I could do about it. I climbed up into the attic there was half a sandwich there next to my makeshift bed it wasn't much, but it was something, a piece of paper lay beside with the letter L scribbled onto it. I knew straight away it was Levi; he sneaks me whatever food he can. I greedily gobbled up the sandwich and lay across the floor, I was wrecked. Soon after, I drifted to off sleep.

I woke up to a sharp sting on my cheek. Ow, I thought I open my eyes to see Alpha Ryan's black ones staring at me. "Get up you whore, your time of luxury is up down to the cellars now!" He commanded me in Alpha tone, I couldn't disobey him now. Hell, I couldn't disobey him, anyway. Walking down through the basement to the cellars as soon as I got to "my" cell, he hit me across the back of my head, succes sfully knocking me out. When I awoke I was chained up to the wall for what seemed to be the millionth time. He goes to the other side of the room and types in the code to the cupboard opened revealing the silver knives, whips with nails in and all sorts of weapons strictly made to inflict the worst pain imaginable. To make things worse, he used wolfsbane to coat it all. He did this to make sure the pain lasts. Wolfsbane is toxic to us wolves, as is silver but whereas the silver just burns the flesh and makes it harder to heal, the wolfsbane seeps into the wound attacking the bodies natural defence system, Making sure it takes longer to heal than a normal silver inflicted wound would.

He's sick!

The smell of the poison was so rancid I had to stop myself from throwing up. Though I couldn't help but gag, I should be used to it by now, but unfortunately, I am not. Alpha Ryan picked up the knife and stalked over to me he extracted his claws and ripped the rag that covered my chest and upper body as soon as it revealed what was underneath his eyes clouded over with lust but he quickly covered it with a look of pure hatred and disgust. I flinched at the hate in his eyes. He pressed the knife and dragged it down my already scarred skin with a sadistic smirk on his face.

"How does the pain feel? Do you think this was how Jack felt when you let the rogues rip him apart?!" He snarled spitefully, bringing up the past as he did every damn time he brought me into his sadistic funhouse. The silver burned my flesh causing tendrils of smoke to rise from my searing skin, tears formed in my eyes and I screamed out in pain.

"Please s-stop" I begged causing him to grab my face.

"Oh, I'm just getting started, Kayleigh." He laughed as he plunged the knife into my leg.

After hours of endless torture, he threw me in the attic and left me to bleed.

That's the end of the first chapter, I hope you guys like it enough to keep reading xo