Date?

Kayleigh's POV

We walked down the stairs and we saw the girl from last night who I now know is called Channade. She had a black eye, a cut lip. I looked up to Xavier, trying to hide my amusement but failing; I let out a small snigger before cutting myself off. Channade growled disrespectfully. Xavier responded with a growl of his own, which sent shivers throughout my body. His growl did a weird thing to me. It was confusing. He shot me a sly wink. My face heated with embarrassment as I locked my gaze onto the floor.

Walking into the kitchen I sat down where Xavier told me to sit at the counter while he got to work on cooking us breakfast which smelt so good. When he finished, he stacked my plate with pancakes, bacon, sausage, egg and strawberries I stared at him in shock.

"What are you allergic? Do you not like any of this?" He cursed whilst mumbling to himself, "I should have asked."

"No, no nothing like that it's just... you expect me to eat all... of this?" I mumbled as I gestured to my plate.

"Well, since you told me they didn't let you eat much, I thought you would eat a lot. I mean, I thought you would be hunger. When was the last time you ate a proper meal?" I pondered over the question.

"That's very thoughtful of you and around last summer I think was the last time I ate a full meal."

 "What!" He growled, "How did you survive?"

" Alpha Ryan's Beta was nice he would sneak me some food like a sandwich here and there. If he wasn't there Alpha Ryan would have killed me. I owe him my life. Whenever Alpha Ryan's beatings were too much for me, he would stop him and take me to the infirmary I have literally been at death's door more times than I care to admit,". He stared at me in pity, his eyes held anger and sorrow.

After an intense stare down with Xavier, I spoke up, "Can you tell me about your life? You know so much about me, but I know very little about you." I gave him my best puppy eyes as he sighed.

"Well, what do you want to know?" He questioned.

 "Do you have any siblings?" I questioned, he nodded 

"I have a sister, her name is Karlee." He said with a grin. My wolf perekd up upon hearing her name. I sniggered at her before I looked back up to Xavier.

"That's my wolfs name. Okay next question... Um What is your full name? Oh and what's your wo;fs name?" I rushed out getting a little carried away. He grinned at me before he slid his hand over the table and rested it on my hand. I flicnhed, the sparks lit up my body causing me to gasp. What is this?

"My full name is Xavier Jacob Black, and my wolfs name is Owen." He said with a grin. I nodded. "Any other questions?" He asked. I thought about it and smiled. 

"Whats is your favourite colour?" 

"My favourite colour is blue but not like a regular sky blue, a deep blue." 

His life was-is so different from how mine was I was jealous but happy that he had a good life, I mean he deserves to be happy, not like me I don't deserve any happiness.

"I have a question for you." He announced as he laced out fingers together.

"Go ahead." I smiled 

"Would you like to go on a date with me, I want to show you how good life can be. If you'll let me that is." He said smiling sheepishly. I paused for several seconds before answering.

"Date?" I said, feeling confused. He grinned at me with a smile so warm I felt giddy for a moment.

"A date it's where two people, like you and I spend an evening, or a day together just the two of us and have a nice time together. So would you like to go on a date with me?" He asked with a nervous smile on his face.

 "Okay, but what will I wear?" I asked, worry present in my tone.

"No worries. My sister will help. You two will go shopping this afternoon." I nodded unsure of what to say I have never been shopping before I was nervous, to say the least. Especially because I was meeting his sister, she was his family and I sense family was very important to him.

An hour later there was a loud knock on the door I opened the door and a gasp escaped my lips as I saw a beautiful young lady she had beautiful long blond curly hair she had emerald green eyes and her lips were painted with bright red lipstick which by the way suited her very well she looked like a goddess.

"Xavier!" She exclaimed as she ran at him and embraced him, I felt a pang of jealousy when he hugged her back laughing at her. As if he sensed my jealousy, he turned, pushing the girl in front of him.

"Kayleigh meet Karlee. Karlee meet my mate, Kayleigh." Karlee had a massive grin on her face as she stalked over to me and engulfed me in a hug, a tight hug. Despite the awkwardness, it felt nice to be in the arms of someone who's plan wasn't to hurt me. My eyes began to tear, but I closed my eyes and forced them back. Who knew I would get so emotional over a kind gesture? She pulled back smiling brightly at me before she put both her arms on my shoulders looking me directly in the eyes. Her green eyes bore into mine before as she spoke. 

"it's so nice to meet you. My dumbass brother will look after you well and If he doesn't ill kick his ass." She threatened I couldn't hold back the upcoming giggle as Xavier stared at his sister in shock. The most feared Alpha in the US fears his little sister's threats. He growled at her jokingly. I tensed up before I quickly dusted myself off, I focused on his sister who gave me a knowing smirk as she grabbed her keys.

"Let's go." She said before walking to leave. 

"Goodbye Avie." I whispered in his ear then I ran off and jumped in Karlee's car, she started the engine and off we travelled to the mall.

*************************

I hope you're enjoying it so far!