Can I Move On

Hey guys, I'm very sad that this is the last chapter of My Beaten Luna, but I've had an amazing time writing it and I've loved the support I've had from you guys. It's truly amazing the love you've shown my book, and I honestly can't thank you enough! I hope you enjoy the final chapter.

Xavier's POV

No, no, no, no was that was all I was chanting in my head she can't die what was I thinking letting her fight in the first place I'm an idiot. "This is all my fault." I kept on repeating as I stared at the blood on my hands I can't deal with this if she dies I have no reason to live none at all. She has to survive I don't care what people say about the fact I've been crying for the past four hours I haven't seen Kayleigh since they took her into theatre. My parents arrived as soon as word got out I cried while my mother held my sobbing body my father even looked saddened by the sight of me. He hates it when I cry because he thinks an Alpha should not be seen in such a vulnerable state, but right now I couldn't care less if I looked weak because without her I was. She is my life. 

Her mother was hidden in one of the cells because if I got my hands on her, I would waste no time in killing her. That bitch has got a lot in store for her she does not deserve to be breathing and I promise I will change that as soon as I have my mate back in my arms...

Kayleigh's POV

Blackness is all I see my body is numb is this what death is? Staring into an eternal blackness not knowing if you're going to sink further into the black void until you are re born if that even happens I wonder how Xavier if feeling oh no, no he's going to be devastated I need to wake up every movement I try to make fails even my eyes feel like they are weighed down I can't deal with this I need to wake up soon... "Please Moon Goddess don't take me from him I love him, I need him, he is the sole reason I am who I am please don't take him from me it will crush him and I don't know how much suffering he can take before he goes back to being the heartless monster I heard all the rumours about he has come to far to slip back into the depth of darkness he was in before I can't move on knowing that this will happen..." I prayed.

Xavier's POV
It's been a month and Kayleigh is still on life support and I have three hours to make a decision whether to let her stay like she is now or turn it off and hope for the best she has to live my dad had to step in as Alpha while I'm going thorough all of this I can barley look after myself let alone a whole pack I haven't been eating or sleeping I look broken and to be honest I am. I'm not myself at all because she makes me....me and I need her so I can be my old self again but I doubt she will ever wake up and I don't know if I can accept that.

Walking into her hospital room and the sight is heartbreaking her body had all sorts of wires and breathing tubes sticking out of her as her chest slowly rises and falls due to the life-support machine... she looked so helpless and I can't help wonder if she will make it through I have complete faith in her and she never fails to surprise me and I pray to the Moon Goddess she makes it through. When her mother stabbed her with a silver knife, she grazed her heart injecting silver into it and then we later found out the knife was covered in wolfsbane. Which is a deadly toxin for us wolves. It poisoned her heart, and all this time it's been healing.

"Alpha its time " Dr Harrison informs me a group of doctors walked over to the machines and began fiddling with them.

My heart rate skyrocketed as they removed the life support and what happened next had me jumping for joy she breathed her heart monitor beeped erratically higher my wolf was howling in relief but my happy moment evaporated as quickly as it arrived. 

Her heart rate dropped then started beeping the doctors and nurses all rushed to help her "GET HIM OUT OF HERE!" someone shouted as I was pulled out of the room I started thrashing against their hold with as much force as I could.

"NO LET ME IN SHES MY MATE, MY MATE SHE CAN'T LEAVE ME NOOO SAVE HER I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT SAVE HER!" I yelled frantically trying to make my way back into the room. I felt a pinch in my neck and my world went black...

Waking up in a hospital bed my mind was blank but all the memories flashed back and I jumped up but was quickly forced back down as my wrist was handcuffed to the bar. I growled so loud the room shook.

"LET ME OUT OF THESE!!!!" I screamed not that anyone listened I hate myself "I'm just like Ryan I killed my own mate." I didn't realise I said it out loud until someone spoke up.

"Well, you didn't because I'm right here." That angelic voice I haven't heard it in what feels like forever called out and my head whipped to the side. I spring out of bed only to be hauled right back right the handcuffs. I growled as I ripped my arms from the hold, breaking the hospital bed in the process. Kayleigh chuckled as she threw the key in my direction because she couldn't exactly walk up and give it to me due to the wheelchair she is currently in. "You could have just asked for the key." She teased. I bolted towards her, pulling her into my arms. 

Seconds after she lets out a cry, I mentally slap myself as I place her down gently and kneeled in front of her. "I'm so so so sorry I didn't realise I'm an idiot I mean you have been stabbed I forgot, I-I was just so happy to see that your awake. T-that your alive, I'm a terrible mat-" she cuts of her rambling by pressing her lips to mine this small action ignited my whole body making me feel like my body was on fire. I responded immediately needing her body as close as it can get to me without hurting her the kiss lasts a few more minutes before she pulled back.

Hugging her gently I buried my head in the crook of her neck inhaling her scent like my life depended on it which in a way it did this moment I will never forget for as long as I live this woman right here means the world to me and I don't know what I did to deserve this Goddess but I thank my luck stars I did.

 "I love you, Kayleigh." I breathed as I felt her tears on my neck.

"I love you too Xavier"

***********

And that's a wrap!

That's it guys this is officially the final chapter of My Beaten Luna I'm so great full you guys decided to read my story you have shown me a lot of support and I am grateful for it.

Thank you so much!!!!!!