You smell nice

Xavier's POV 

"Go to mate now I feel her wolf she is angry like furious." My wolf, Owen informed me with a worried tone. 

"I have to go, Carl, I'll catch up with you later." My Beta nodded I raced up the stairs and burst through the door to see Channade and her groupies all surrounding a Kayleigh. As I walked in my mate ran at Channade pushing her and hitting her head off the wall, I could tell her wolf had full control from the feral look in her blue eyes. Channade was knocked out from the blow and the only damage that was done to Kayleigh was a deep claw mark down the side of her face which seemed to be healing all too slowly for my liking. My wolf was livid. He won the battle for control and let out a murderous growl and snarled at Channade's minions as they scurried out the room with terrified looks on their faces.

Kayleigh's POV

I screamed my self-awake as an intense pain caused me to leave my dreamy state. I opened my eyes thinking I was back with Alpha Ryan but I was shocked to see the girls who were glaring at me earlier on at the foot of my bed I looked at them shock "What are you doing?" I yelled at her.

"Stay away from my Xavier!" She screamed at me, "Xavier is MINE and I will make him fully mine tonight!." She snarled.

Anger bubbled within me as my wolf switched to full-on territorial mode as she took full control, and I gladly let her. She punched her in the face, causing her to stumble back slightly as I used this time of distraction to spring up from the bed; the girl got a cheap slap on the already healing cut on my face. I hissed in pain as I felt the familiar burning sensation erupt throughout my face; she pushed me into the wall, her claws dangerously close to my throat, itching closer and closer. I was panicking. Suddenly the door burst open and in walked Xavier I used this moment of distraction to my uttermost advantage. I pushed her away from me and ran at her, tackling her into the wall, hitting her head off it. Hard. She gasped in shock before losing consciousness I turned to look at Xavier his beautiful eyes were locked on to the deep claw mark on my cheek he started shaking with anger and let out a thunderous growl which sent spikes of fear through me. I immediately regretted it. The other girls ran out of there like a bat out of hell. Xavier walked over to the girl that attacked me and pushed her out of the room. His body still shaking with rage.

I walked over to the bed and sat down I then patted the spot next to me. Xavier walked over to the bathroom and he came back out with only basketball shorts on. His bare chest stared back at me. Looking away quickly blushing slightly he sat next to me and pulled me into his chest and inhaled most likely to calm his wolf.

"You smell nice." He started causing me to smile.

"I smell like you." I confessed with a shy smile on my face.

"Exactly, C'mon I'll show you to your room unless you want to stay here?" He asked with a hopeful look in his eyes. I nodded.

"Would you mind?" I asked sheepishly. I felt safe in his presence. He shook his head, and we got under the covers. He pulled me into his chest and I lay there awkwardly, hoping I wouldn't do anything to scare him away or make him think I'm weird. I pushed my worries aside and closed my eyes.

Waking up to an annoying itch on the side of my face I opened my eyes to see an amused pair of chocolate eyes staring back I glared at Xavier for waking me up at... I looked at the clock ... for waking me up at half past freaking seven. I growled at him and his eyes widened I laughed at his face.

"Why in your right mind would wake me up at this time?" I said groggily he looked at me and raised his hand to tuck a stray part of my hair away but I thought he was going to hit me so I cowered away "I didn't mean to anger you I'm sorry please don't hurt me I shouldn't have spoken to you like that I'm sorry!" I whispered frantically he looked at me with stern eyes and then he growled.

"I would never hit you ever." He promised I hate myself for thinking that he would, but it is all I've ever known. His sad expression made my heart lurch. I lifted my hand up to caress his face.

"I'm sorry, it's all I've ever known. I'm trying old habits die hard, I guess, but it's only been a day. Please understand." I whispered softly.

"I'm trying to understand, but it hurts me knowing that every time I raise my hand you think I'm going to harm you. I know that you have been through something far more horrid than I can fathom, but I will always be here to pick up the pieces and create happy memories. To replace the old ones." I smiled softly.

"Not all of them were bad. There was a time I was happy" He grabbed my hand and held it in his placing int on his heart which was beating rhythmically.

"Tell me about the happy times." I smiled at both the memories and him.

"My family and I went to this amusement park once and my dad had just been on the water ride so we went to dry off. On the way back I ran off to the candyfloss stand and asked for a bag. I got it for free so I was thrilled but then I couldn't find my dad so the security man who was very tall put me on his shoulders and walked around the whole park until we found my parents and guess where they were." I smiled, my eyes sparkling with joy.

"Where?" he asked, his eyes shining brightly.

"At the candyfloss stand." I giggled, which made Xavier chuckle.

"That's sweet." He said smiling, I hugged him.

"Thank you. For saving my life. I owe you." He shook his head.

"No, you don't. I'd do anything for you, Kayleigh, you're my mate." He said with a firm tone. I hugged him closer and smiled.

Awww they're so cute

What did you guys think of this chapter? Let me know in the comments.