She is back

Kayleigh POV

I was packing getting ready to leave this hotel with Levi we were about to hit the road when his phone rang he asked me to get it while he loaded my small amount of luggage into the trunk and filled the gas tank since we would be driving awhile but when I looked at the caller ID; it was Alpha Ryan. My heart picked up its pace until it was slamming against my ribcage, I just couldn't shake the feeling he knows something, something dangerous. My hands shook as I picked up the phone to show it to Levi. "It's him." I told him my nerves skyrocketing even more.

 "Leave it, I'll just make an excuse up to why I didn't answer." I looked at him with sad eyes.

"Why are you helping me? If he were to ever find out... he'd kill you." I mumbled lowly. He placed his hand on mine as he reassured me that he wouldn't get caught, but I couldn't help but think he might...

Xavier's POV

It's been three weeks since she left and I have been in a nonstop search party I haven't slept eaten or done anything except search for her we had a lead about a mile north of my lands it was an old abandoned cottage her scent was still fresh we watched the place but she didn't come back my hoped were high they came crashing down... I was pained but when reality set in; I knew it was a long shot she would stay there when she caught our scent... it's maddening she could be so close yet we haven't found her, angry I slammed my fists down onto the desk the force of my hit caused the wood split which resulted in splinters flying out from the middle. 

I sighed and looked over the map, there's no pack territory for miles where we caught her scent, there was no place to hide out except a mundane town call me stupid, but I don't think she would go there. I looked at the surrounding packs growling as I realised Dark Moons pack is closer to where our lead was If he has her it's going to end in war and I will make him submit just so I can spend the rest of my free time torturing him I want to watch the light leave his eyes; I want to watch him take his last pained breath; I want him to apologise for everything he has done to Kayleigh; I want to watch slowly die then and only then I'm going to heal him and do it all over again... I'm sick, I know.

I need a shower; I am beginning to stink. She wouldn't want me to be moping around so I will clean myself up. I showered and descended the stairs of the pack house. Channade turned the corner, the cheap perfume hung thick in the air I stopped myself from gagging. As wolves all of our senses are heightened all the time, usually a little spritz is enough to accentuate your scent, but there's a difference between a little plausible amount and like one hundred sprays and that's something Channade doesn't get. She looked at me with determination swimming in her eyes; she stood in front of me she glided her hand across my chest I let a warning growled but she waved me off.

"Hey Alpha now that your Lunas..." she said Luna with a disturbing amount of disgust "gone how about we have some fun." She purrs I shiver in disgust but she thought it was a shiver of excitement I slapped her hand off my body and shoved her back against the wall, I do not and will never condone hitting a woman unprovoked so I kept my hands to myself. I'd never lay a hand on a woman, unless that woman is trying to kill me. Circumstances differ there.

That being said, I turned to her letting my wolf make an appearance "If you do not leave me the fuck alone I will exile and if you ever disrespect my Luna again, I won't hesitate to break you." I paused to make myself clear, "understood?" I spoke in a low and deadly tone. She nodded almost frantically before she scurried off somewhere.

TWO HOURS AND ONE SHOWER LATER...

I walked I to my office feeling as down as ever, I just want her back; I miss her. I was looking over the map as my phone rang the caller ID was unknown I sighed contemplating whether I should answer something was telling me I should so I did.

"Hello" I grumbled.

"Xavier." she breathed causing all the hairs on the back of neck to stand and my heart quicken. I couldn't believe who was on the other line.

"Kayleigh, is that you?" I asked in total shock.

"Err y... yeah it is." 

"Where are you?" she sighed, deeply before replying.

"It doesn't matter because-" I cut her off with a growl, my wolf desperate to have her back in our arms.

"Of course it does." I snapped.

"If you let me finish, it doesn't matter because we're coming back." She mumbled.

 "We're?" Who the hell is she with? I didn't care about that, I just know she is coming home.

"What are you serious?! I was mad at you for leaving but I understood your reasons, please tell me this isn't a joke!" I practically screamed at her, she let out a small chuckle gosh I missed the sound of her voice."Hold up we? Who is with you?" I spoke, my voice thick with jealousy.

"I'm with Levi Alpha-" I cut her off again.

"He is not your Alpha anymore." I hissed, anger pulsing through me at the very mention of his name. I hate that guy with a deep burning passion.

"Right.... sorry.... he's Ryan's beta."

"What! He could be working against you with that psycho!" I yelled.

"Calm down Avie, he isn't." My heart swelled as she used the nickname she gave me when we first met.

"Why are you coming back not that I don't miss you, I miss you like crazy do you miss me? Also, you said you weren't coming back, I don't understand, I thought that-" now it was her turn to cut me off.

"Your ranting and yes of course I miss you which is part of the reason I'm coming back but also we have some new information that you're going to want to hear its important also you need to inform everyone that there's going to be a war and it's a war we can't prevent which means you need to get everyone who can fight women included to train longer and harder starting now please. I'm sorry this is my fault." She begged, and I was taken back by the authority in her voice.

"Okay see you when you get here. I miss you." there was a long pause.

"Bye Xavier." she dismissed me... that hurt but I didn't care she's back that's all that matters,

"Bye. " I said as she hung up.

I linked everyone who is able to fight to meet me on the field - and began explaining what I was told to they are all ecstatic to have her back, to be honest, so was I was more than ecstatic I was I can't even explain it. My wolf on the other hand was pushing all sorts of scenarios into my head, I couldn't wait until I had her in my arms again.

I leant back in my chair, a large grin on my face. My baby's coming home.

**************************

Aww yay! She's coming back!