You still want me?

Kayleigh's POV

I heard his voice for the first time in what felt like forever. It made me feel like a horrible person for leaving without a proper goodbye. I felt beyond stupid thinking leaving him was best for his pack because now there will be a war. But that being said, there were no more murders in the three and a bit weeks I have been away, so at least there's that.

Levi informed me Alpha Ryan is attacking in three weeks so that means we have to train harder than before and we need to build up our strength by talking to the witches that were betrayed by their own the ones who joined Ryan's army and he thinks they will help because they have to restore balance it's their duty.

I'm less than an hour away from what I want to call home, but I don't know if I can anymore. It's really the only place I ever really felt like I mattered at Dark Moon I knew that I didn't belong there as soon as my dad died maybe just maybe it's the moons will she needed me to go through all that so I could become stronger for everyone who relies on me... but who would believe that. Hell, I don't fully believe that it just a stupid theory that will only lead me down the road of disappointment. Once again I tried the whole theory thing when I was being beaten I once thought they did all those horrible things to me because they care and want me to be a powerful warrior I soon stopped believing that when I turned twelve.

What makes me angry it isn't the fact they beat me, it wasn't the fact I had my childhood ripped away; it isn't the fact I lost all self confidence. It wasn't the fact I lost my family; it was the fact that I couldn't remain pure for him I wanted to have the strength to fight them to protect what was his but I couldn't because I'm weak.

But that is going to change as soon as I'm back. I will train longer and harder, I will become the warrior I always should have been. I'm from a beta bloodline. I am powerful and all those who hurt me should be ready to fear my wrath! I felt a sudden wind of power churn within me and I intend to use it to the best of my ability...

"We're here." Levi states as he shakes my sleeping body, I sit up before I exited the car. All the familiar smells and scents came rushing back to me as I breathed in the fresh crisp air, but one scent in particular sent my heart into a frenzy. My anxiety flares up as I find myself engulfed in a pair of broad muscular arms, my instincts kick in as I brought my knee up with a whole load of force and he dropped to his knees, I then recognise who I just assaulted.

"Oh, my gosh I'm so sorry you scared me.... what were you thinking, jumping on me like that." I half apologised, half scolded as I helped him off the ground.

"I'm sorry I... my wolf he... I'm sorry If we scared you." I looked at him, he looked terrible. He had large dark bags under his eyes, he had lost a lot of weight and his hair is messy and not even a good looking messy. He smelt clean though, so I guess that's a plus. I looked deep into his chocolate brown eyes as I saw the longing in his eyes the sorrow the pain and then I noticed how close we were I took a step back and looked down trying to hide my blush.

Levi took it upon himself to break the silence. "Err I believe we have some things to discuss I'm Levi." He outstretched his hand towards Xavier, he eyed Levi with suspicion but finally shook his hand he nodded in agreement  as he showed us to his office not that I needed directions. But it is what it is.

We sat down and in the room was Beta Carl his eyes lit up with happiness as soon as he caught my scent and once again I'm engulfed in a hug a growl is what broke the embrace I know the growl came from Xavier I gave him a small smile. Xavier looked embarrassed at his outburst as he mumbled a quick apology to Carl.

"You said you had information on the phone?" Xavier said as he leant against his desk, crossing his arms over his chest. I admired his body while Levi explained. My eyes raked over his body drinking in every detail trying to engrave it into his mind. "Okay so Alpha Ryan knows she isn't well wasn't with your pack. He told me you lost Kayleigh, not that she left on her own," he gave me a sharp look. But I was too busy looking at my mate to care. I shook my head, blinking a few times before I turned to Levi to actually listen to what he had to say. "He is planning to attack in three weeks he has rouges and a lot of them, he's also allied with Alpha Marcus's pack, but that was more out of obligation than free will." Levi informed, stealing a quick glance towards me.  Xavier looked at Levi with high suspicion.

"How do I know I can trust anything your saying?" Xavier muttered hotly.

 Levi then explained the whole siblings and when he finished Xavier's mouth was hanging open as he let the information sink in.

"Close your mouth, honey, you will catch flies." I joked he did so.

We walked to the meeting hall, Xavier had called a mandatory meeting.  As he got all the pack, he explained the whole situation.

"As you know, my mate escaped the clutches of Ryan Mead's pack. Now he wants to take her back, as you know that cannot and will not happen. So there will be a war, and we will have to pay a deep price for this. That being said, anyone who is able to fight will be instructed to do so barring children, elders, pregnant she wolfs, and of course the medical staff as we'll most likely need you. In doing this we have the numbers. I have called a meeting with the council and they have approved of this action. Its drastic I know, but without my mate I will fall. So I will do everything in my power to protect her and you. My pack. My friends. My life. So what will happen is..."  He went on to explain the importance of training and what exactly we would be doing.

 He made everyone start training at six.

I was working on my footwork and I could feel his eyes on my skin a kind of tingling sensation erupted throughout my body as I glanced his direction he looked away with a grin plastered on his handsome face.... well I guess this is how the rest of the three weeks is going to go.

I finished training at near enough 1 am I know everyone who wasn't me finished training at 10, but I needed to work. I was coated in my own sweat; I trained till I bled and exhausted myself physically and emotionally.

I pushed open the door and stepped into my old room I was staying in before I moved into Xavier's room. I switched on the light, let out a startled scream Xavier was sitting on my bed with a broken expression on his face. I knelt beside him as I softly asked him what's wrong.

"Why did you leave am I that horrible for a mate you had to run?"  He whispered his voice hoarse probably from all the shouting he ended up doing today I was taken back by his words.

"What no! I ran because I thought it  was best for the pack for you." I explained, he looked at me with a dark look in his usually warm eyes.

"What how would that possibly be best for the pack and me? Look at me I'm a mess because you left I haven't been a leader because I was out looking for you trying to find you." He mumbled hotly, I looked at him my anger begin to flare I glared at him.

"I know I was stupid, but I didn't want to be found. Did you ever think to consider that? No, you didn't you did what you thought I wanted. You made that decision not to lead. You. Not me so don't ever push your mistakes onto me Alpha Black." I sneered at him. He looked utterly shocked for a moment before grabbing me and lightly pinned me against the door. His face neared mine and I could feel every ragged breath he took.

"Calm your wolf." He whispered in a low voice, but I could sense the warning in his tone. His wolf was itching to show he is the Alpha, but I wasn't having any of it I landed a kick to his lower abdomen as I extracted my claws pushing them against his chest. His eyes were inflamed as he pushed me back pinning my hands above my head, his aura was leaking so much dominance I'm sure every wolf in a ten-foot radius felt compelled to submit, and that's what I did. He was so close to me I could practically feel his hammering heart. His dark eyes gazed into mine, making my stomach do somersaults. I licked my lips as they suddenly became dry. His eyes dropped to watch the action before returning to my gaze. His free hand fell to my waist, gripping it tightly. The action sent out jolts of electricity throughout my body. 

I wanted to move, but I was frozen in place under his gaze, his face etched closer to mine until our lips were ever so slightly brushing against mine. My heart was racing in my chest and then it happened. He crushed his lips to mine, capturing me in this kiss. I was shocked for a moment but I melted into his embrace I kissed him back. Which I think surprised him. He let go of my arms and they fell around his neck as I pulled him closer. 

*************************

Ooo! What's going to happen next? 

Read on to find out!

My Beaten Lunaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें