The threats were promises

Xavier's POV

The alarm clock rings and wakes me up from the dreamland I groan and look at the clock its 5 am I had to wake up earlier today because I have training, I slid out the bed being as quiet as possible, so I don't wake Kayleigh up. I took a moment to admire her beauty. Her wavy brown hair fell in front of her face and her face was soft, peaceful even. I hoped one day she would look this peaceful when awake. She's so guarded, and it's almost impossible to get anything out of her. But I'll wait for her, she'll tell me, eventually.

After I finished my morning routine, I threw on some loose shorts and a vest top before I made my way over to the training field. I glanced around and noticed almost everyone was here. Some girls had already started training, causing me to grin. Many Alphas have old views. In my book if you can and are willing to fight then you should damn well be allowed to do so. Who cares what's in between your legs, if you can fight then you can fight. There's nothing wrong with letting females fight some of my best warriors are female. And have you ever seen a pissed off mother wolf... nothing but fire They have earned the right to be scary. I stepped into the back and walked up to the guard who disrespected his Luna.

"You and me in the circle." I commanded in my Alpha tone I wasn't going to kill him... yet I wanted to have some fun first.

"Alpha." He bowed his head, which annoyed me. I growled at his fake loyalty.

"How is it your so respectful to me, but you do not treat your Luna as my equal?" I spoke in a low but deadly tone. He looked me in my eyes, almost as if he was going to challenge me.

"Your Luna is a slut. She basically slept her way through her old pack and then some." he screamed at me.

My wolf stood in my mind and snarled at his disrespect towards my title and my love. My eyes backend until they were so black, they looked blue "You. Have. No. Idea what the hell you are talking about pup" I responded growling each word separately.

He was shaking with rage, which made me happy. I smirked at him. The rage behind his eyes was very amusing. My amusement showed and his anger got the best of him. He shifted, his tan coloured wolf stood in front of me baring his teeth before he lunged at me I swerved his sloppy attack and kicked his hind legs he came crashing down giving me enough time to shift. My wolf shook out his dark fur and snarled at him. My wolf doesn't take kindly to disrespect, and this guy was about to find that out. Pouncing on top of him I locked my jaws around his throat successfully picking him up and throwing him across the yard he growls but stands back up and running at me before swooping at my legs he landed the hit, but it did no damage he only managed to piss off my wolf more if that was possible. I clawed his side, slicing through his flesh like a knife slices through paper. His agonised scream filled the air and soon enough he was lying whimpering on the floor. Tired and bloody from this fight, I mind linked the pack doctor to expect a new arrival "Connor and Aydin take him to the infirmary." I linked them. Shifting back into my skin I flung on some shorts a warrior had handed me nodding my thanks I turned to the pack."If anyone disrespects their Luna again you will be severely punished. I could have killed him, yet I showed him mercy next time I won't be so kind. Do you understand?" lots of agreeing murmurs broke the stunned silence.

"Johnny Stevens, you are here by stripped of all titles. You are nothing but an omega now." I spat, walking off enjoying the sound of his pained screams as his legacy wahy ripped from him.

My patrol rounds had started an hour ago, I was running around the perimeter for the last time to make sure everything was secure. I picked up an unfamiliar scent I stopped and tilted my head upwards I sniffed the air trying to figure out if there was a threat. I and two of my best trackers followed the scent until we came across one of our pack females with her chest ripped open, I growled "Check the area." I growled. I noticed something next to the now her bleeding body was a note, I snatched up the bloody paper and read it.

"Ahh you found my present like I told you those threats were promises hand her over and there will be no more 'tragic' deaths."

"That bastard. I'll rip his head off his shoulders and hang it on a spike!" My wolf snarled in my mind. My wolf's a tad violent. Crunching the note in my hand, I walked over to Leila and held her limp body close. Shielding her away from prying eyes. We made our way to the pack hospital, setting her down on the stretcher so they can take her to the morgue.

"Wait." I called out. They stopped wheeling her away, I slowly dragged my hands down her face closing her eyes for the last time.

I sent Carl to get her parents to meet me in my office.

"Alpha, we will look after her and treat her with the uttermost respect."

I looked at him with grateful eyes.

"Thank you, doctor." was all I said as I left the room to go to my office with a heavy heart. She was a good kid and an exceptional warrior.

When I arrived Leila's parents, Imogen and Colton were waiting outside with confused faces. "Come on in." I said as I took a seat at my desk with a sad look.

"Alpha." Colton greeted. I gave them a sad look before telling them the news.

"I regret to inform you, th... that Leila was murdered we discovered her body twenty minutes ago."

I informed them, pain lacing my tone. Imogen burst into tears for the loss she was currently feeling. Colton, he stood up and growled.

"I'll kill them. Who did this?" He shouted as he let his wolf take control. His bones began to crack, and his body looked disfigured until he had fully shifted I stood up.

Wearily I held out my hand, "Colton... shift back." I ordered only to receive a pain-filled growl, "I can't imagine how your feeling right now. I've never lost a child, but I do know loss. You have to calm down, you're scaring her." I said. Colton stopped growling looked at his mate Imogen was crying but there was fear clear in her eyes.

"Please." She whispered his eyes held regret he shifted, and I threw him some shorts he put them on and held his mate close to him.

"You can see her if you like, but I must warn you it's not pleasant." I warned, a grim look crossing my features.

"Thank you Alpha but promise me something..." He mumbled brokenly.

"Yes?"

"Make sure the bastard responsible for her death pays." I looked at him sternly. My wolf broke through slightly, causing my eyes to darken.

I will." I said sternly. They left and soon after we had discussed the paperwork for Leila's funeral, I left my office in search for my mate.