family

Violent scene ahead, guys

Kayleigh's POV

Walking into my room looking for my phone so I can call my mate who I am missing dearly, I find it and dial Xavier's number.

 Ring...

Ring...

Ring-

"Hello?" His deep voice answered and my heart melted at the sound.

"Hey, I miss you." I mumbled as I slipped under the covers.

"I miss you too, Sweetheart." 

"When are you coming home?" I asked, missing how he wrapped his arms around me, missing how safe he made me feel.

"Soon. I promise." He mumbled, causing me to smile. 

After that we talked for a while before we finally we finally said goodnight at around 2:54am. I told him how the pack was doing and how well my training was going. He was proud of me, almost as proud as I was for myself. I was never given a chance to be strong. I had everything taken away, and it was horrible. But I'm glad I can honestly say that I am doing better. 

I stared at the ceiling and suddenly I felt alone, like really alone I have no family. They're all dead well, there is Chase, but who knows where he is..... I really want to meet him even if the feeling isn't mutual, but he's the only family I have left well aside from Xavier. He too is my family as well as the only person I have felt truly complete with. Even when my dad was alive and my life was normal, I had never felt this sense of completeness that I feel around Xavier. 

Giving up on the thought of a normal life, I drifted off into a dreamless sleep....

Xavier's POV

I'm currently on the way back to my pack, my wolf is humming happily in my mind because today's the day we get to see our mate after being gone for just under a week.

 Chase agreed to come back, but he insisted on bringing his mate Beta, which was understandable. He left his third in-charge. To say I was surprised when I found out Chase was an Alpha is an understatement being as Kayleigh and him are from a Beta bloodline but it's a big achievement but by the looks of things he's got it under control. I hope Kayleigh will be happy with what I've done, I honestly am trying my best with her, I love her so much I don't know what I'd do without her it hurts just thinking about losing her.

Getting my bags along with the guys we're looking forward to going home, Carl is just as anxious to get back to Amy as I am to get back to Kayleigh. We set off onto the road Chase is in the back with his mate his eyes shining in what I think is fear. 

"Ermm Xavier? " Chase's voice called out. 

"Yes?" 

"Do you think she will want to see me I mean I haven't been there for her she might not even want to know me then I don't know what I'll do. Because obviously I didn't know she existed and then all of those horrible things happened there, and I mean if I had just went ahead and killed Ryan than-"

"Dude, chill, she hasn't stopped talking about you since she found out about you," I cut him off with a curt laugh. "And you ramble... a lot. But then again, so does Kayleigh." I laughed.

"Really?" He laughed, causing me to nod.

"Honestly." I mumbled he smiled as did his mate and that was the end of that conversation.

Arriving at the pack house my heart is beating rapidly but as I got to the door with all my luggage fear set with on me as an unfamiliar scent made its way into my surrounding I burst through the door and saw Kayleigh straddling this stranger hitting him.