His story

Xavier's POV

"She's not ANYWHERE! I've searched packs upon packs, and she isn't anywhere!" I barked angrily at my Beta Carl.

"We still have a couple more packs to search we will find her," he said confidentially, but his eyes held doubt. "We will search The Dark Moon Pack tomorrow. Go, rest and I will sort the arrangements for tomorrow. Alpha." He said and bowed his head respectfully.

"Okay." I sighed, feeling dejected. With a wave of anger bubbling within, I walked off to my room. I was trying to get to sleep, but my mind kept drifting off to my mate. I was beginning to wonder if I even have one. I keep dwelling on the 'What ifs' I glanced at the clock on the bedside table and it read 03:47 am, I sighed letting the darkness consume me.

I woke up to a repeated banging on the door. Frustrated, I swung open the door and growled at Carl, "What!" I snapped.

"We have two hours to get on Dark Moon's territory or the arrangements off Xavier." Carl's tone was worried, I sighed.

"Okay, I'll get ready and be down in ten." He nodded, and I shut the door before making my way to the bathroom.

I stepped outside, the crisp air greeting my skin as I walked to the garage. I got in my black SUV, waiting for Carl to sort out directions. I couldn't help but feel excited as we pulled off the driveway, I'm like this every time, I try not to get my hopes up, but I do each time. I'm not worried about what people think, I will love her for as long as I live. I sat there thinking about what she might be like. I want her for her, not just so she can give me an heir, but because I know she's going to complete me. Even a monstrous Alpha like me has feelings, I never want her to see the dark side of me because it would cut so deep if she looked at me the way others do... as a monster.

A while later I awoke to someone shaking me. Hmm, I must have dozed off because we're here. I got out the car and walked up to The Dark Moons packhouse and knocked on his door, Alpha Ryan stepped out "Hello Alpha Xavier welcome to the pack. Your Beta informed me you are looking for your mate. Yes?" I nodded. From first impressions, I could tell he was nobody I was willing to form an alliance with. The way his hair was messy and untamed seemed lazy, his skin was pale and wrinkled slightly. He held himself with an air of cockiness, I'm all for a confident Alpha but overconfidence is arrogant and stupid and most likely the way he will meet his maker. He also didn't seem that built for an Alpha, I mean my muscles aren't bulging out of my shirt but compared to me he seemed scrawny. These older Alphas grace themselves with all these airs, it is a wonder how they survived this long. None the less, I answered politely.

 "That is correct." My voice wasn't angry, but it was far from friendly. He gestured for me to come inside. And that's what I did.

I followed him further into his great hall where all the unmated females were. I walked row by row, searching for the intoxicating scent that's meant to drive me and my wolf crazy. I sniffed the air once and then once again, there was nothing. I growled my eyes turned a shade darker. Some girls were pouting because I wasn't their mate, but I didn't care. I stormed outside the anger getting the best of me. I knew it was rude to not offer my goodbyes, but I was too angry to care. But as the wind changed, I smelt it. That scent! My eyes changed back to my normal chocolate brown colour; my claws retracted. I spun around back towards the packhouse and broke out into a sprint. I ran following her scent as I burst through the doors of his packhouse, Alpha Ryan looked at me with wide eyes, the scent was getting further away like she was running away. 

What?

"Where is she?! I know there's someone else who was not in that room!" I snarled. He moved to block the stairs, giving me all the information I needed. She was up there, and he was blocking my path. 

"There is nobody else get off my land before I send you back in a body bag!" He threatened. Carl and Brielle snarled at him, warning him to back off. They were protecting their Alpha. Carl was my Beta and Brielle was my third in command, well she and her mate were, but I had left him in charge while I was away. I had no qualms about women and power if you were good and you could fight you were welcome to do so.

"Get. Out. Of. My. Way. Before I rip your throat out," I paused shooting him a glare so intense he actually had to look away. "With my teeth," I added. He didn't move, so I grabbed him by the scruff of his collar and reeled my fist back before letting it fly towards his face. His nose made a satisfying crunch as I landed another blow, I threw him into the wall knocking him out. What a weak Alpha, I thought as I shook my head. Quickly rushing up the stairs, I could still smell her lingering scent, but it smelt stronger when I was near what seemed to be the attic entrance. There were no steps, so I swiftly opened the door and jumped up, but there was no one there. I looked around, and I found two dead guards on the floor, their throats were slit open and fresh blood was still seeping out. Which meant this kill was fresh. That means she can't be far. Walking around the attic, it definitely looks like it has been lived in. Her scent had disappeared, but I still remember it smelt like Lemon and fresh rain. I miss the smell already.

Jumping down I just noticed the little foot sized holes in the wall which I'm guessing my mystery of a mate was using to get up there. I angrily stomped down the stairs. As I got to the door Alpha Ryan awoke and his first action was to lunge at me. I grabbed his throat and slammed him onto the floor, successfully breaking a few ribs in the process. He groaned and gasped for air as I bent down to his level and grabbed a fistful of his greasy hair.

"Next time you lay a hand on me I will slaughter you and your pack!" I growled and pushed him back. I left him with his life this time, but if he ever laid a hand on me again, I wouldn't let him walk away with his life.

I told Carl I was going to run home; he understood that I needed to let my wolf out. I shifted into my wolf and began running; I needed to release some of this anger. I will find her! I must have been running for a while because I found myself nearer to my land. I wasn't paying attention when I bumped into something. I heard it whimper; I looked at her as her wonderful scent drifted into my nose. Just as she shifted back into her human form, she had beautiful brown wavy hair, sparkling blue eyes, and natural red-tinted lips.

"Mate." She said as she lost consciousness. I picked her up bridal style and ran as fast as inhumanly possible to the hospital wing at my packhouse. It was about ten miles away before I could get there, I just needed to be quick.

Another chapter completed.😊