Our goodbyes

I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever, I have been really busy but I'm hoping this chapter will make up for it. Thanks.

Xavier's POV

It's been a week and our little 'competition' started and I can't compete anymore, I've taken 5 cold showers to calm myself, she is killing me but I know she has been feeling the same way. I try to laugh it off but she wasn't so amused, so she sent even more vivid images back which resulted in me running to my room. It went back and forth, really. Besides this I have been doing research with Levi on Chase and we have a lead so Me, Levi, beta Carl, gamma Josh and his brother Carter are all going because there's safety in numbers and mostly because I didn't want to be alone because we're travelling to a small pack in northern Virginia The Silver moon Pack and they might be a small pack bit they are just as vicious as another pack out there Josh and cater at more excited about maybe finding their mates which to be honest isn't a bad thing. I nod to everyone as they accepted the plans and I'm on my way to do probably the hardest thing I'm going to have to do say goodbye to my mate.

KAYLEIGHS POV

Everyone is acting weird they are all sad and won't tell me why especially Carl's mate who I can't remember her name she was crying I didn't like it so without a word said I sat next to her and hugged her she hugged me back immediately and sobbed into my shoulder its kind of weird holding someone as they cry because you don't know why they are crying in the first place but I said nothing I just hugged her tighter after about 20 minutes she stopped crying.

"Hey, hey it's okay why are you crying? Did someone hurt you?" I asked, worry lacing my tone. Oh god. I sound like Xavier. But she just shook her head.

"No, no, its just Carl's leaving for a pack business." She spoke with sudden sadness. The word she just spoke suddenly dawned on me if Carl's going that means Xavier is to.

 "I know what to do." I spoke with supreme certainty as I grabbed her hand and led her to the kitchen, I grabbed a load of treats and a few tubs of ice cream and headed upstairs to Xavier's room.

We were halfway through The Notebook when Xavier came in he asked if we can talk so I left Amy  in the room and excited to talk to Xavier  

"I'm leaving." He mumbled awkwardly. I plastered a glare on my face.

"I know." I rumbled. He looked shocked.

"How?" He asked stupidly. I glared at him.

"Your the alpha! Of course, words going to get around. How come it's taken you this long to tell me!? Your mate, you know the person your supposed to tell everything too." I mumbled hotly. He looked down and mumbled.

"Because I thought the longer it took for me to tell you, the longer I would get with you by my side. I don't want to leave you when I just got you back because I... I -"

 "You what Xavier." I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I love you." He breathed. Any angry response died on my tongue, my heart swelled with happiness, I love him too. I pulled his face gently to mine and captured his lips with mine he responded to my kiss it was full of our love for each other it was sweet and gentle we pulled away and he rested his head on mine.

"I love you too!" I grinned and before I could pull back, he kissed me again. My heart was full of extreme happiness as he pulled me close to his chest.

Xavier, Amy and I made our way down to where Carl had parked the cars. We said our goodbyes, as did Carl and Amy. Xavier loaded the bags into the back of this car. I handed him the last bag very slowly. He smiled as he threw it into the trunk. I pulled his hand he and I pulled him into me; he wrapped his strong arms around my waist, hugging me tightly.

"I love you." I breathed, but because my face was buried in his neck, it sounded like "I.. uvee... you." I pulled away and kissed him once more I deepened the kiss pulling him closer he pulled back and cupped my face.

"I have to go now." He mumbled.

"I k... know that." My voice breaks mid-sentence.#

"If this goes to plan your going to be happier than you have ever been in your entire life I promise." He mumbled. We hugged again, and he got in his car and drove away, leaving me and Amy on the driveway.

I wasn't sad because he was going; I was sad because everything is different when he is gone. I stared at the car as it drove away. Sighing, I linked my arms with Amy and pulled her into the house to resume our movie because I thought it would take our minds off it.

*******************************