Dinner

Hi, guys, I am so so so sorry it has taken me ages to upload but here is an extra long chapter to make up for it  ❤

Xavier POV

Knowing what she does and why she does it is killing me she did nothing to deserve the life, she has had she had her childhood ripped away from her and all because of an accident but what I saw just now I've come to the realisation of how broken she really is. And it's just strengthened my decision to help her get through this. I will be there every step of the way on her path to recovery because she won't admit it but she needs somebody to be there for her even at her roughest times.

Looking my at her as she sleeps my heart swells at the thought of her she is so beautiful I never thought that I would find her and to be quite honest she shouldn't of had the upbringing she did no one does. Just the thought of that angers me.

I buried my face in the crook of her neck and kissed my mark as I gave her. She involuntarily shuddered. I chuckled to myself as got up off the bed and I walked into the bathroom to start my morning routine.

"Alpha come quickly you have a call and I would want to take this one." My Beta mind linked me, I sighed and threw on some clothes and headed to my office. I got there and Carl greeted me with wary eyes.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"It's for you." He states as I picked up the phone.

 "Speak." I snapped rudely, I just want to go back to my room and hold my mate.

 "Alpha Xavier just the man I wanted to speak with. Well, the thing is my mate she ran away maybe she ran on to your lands her names Kayleigh and I want her back so she can help me with my urge-" I cut I'm off with a growl.

"Your not going to lay a hand on MY mate, if you come anywhere near her I will personally remove your head and give it to your mother as a birthday present." I said in a low threatening voice, my claws extracted as I griped the phone tighter.

"No, no, no that won't do you see until I get her back I will kill one of your pack members is she more important that your pack hm." He grumbled in a sarcastic tone I crushed the phone little pieces of plastic flew in all directions I threw the phone against the wall and started shaking with anger I  curled up my fist and slammed it into the wall forming a giant hole.

"Xavier calm down okay go run it of you don't want to scare her." He said as his eyes trailed over to Kayleigh's small form she was huddled into the corner where she cuddled up to herself I stormed out of there and shifted into my wolf not caring about my clothes.

Running through the trees jumping over boulders and tree stumps I stop at the stream I ran into the stream diving in head first settling my wolf a bit deciding on it would best if I took a longer run so I can make sure I don't snap at anyone especially Kayleigh because I don't want to give her any other reason to fear me I hate seeing her shrink back every time I raise my hand thinking I would hit her I would NEVER!

Deciding that now would be a good time be a good time to head back I shifted into my human form and threw on the clothes that were stored in the nearby tree's once I was fully clothed I walk back into the pack house and looked for my Beta "Carl my office now."  I linked him.

"Yes, sir." He replied.

 Just as I sat on my chair Carl walked in. "Xavier." He greeted.

"We have to do something about Ryan, he wants to take her and I will die before I let anything happen to her." I growled.

"Have you notified the council?" He asked. Oh crap! I forgot I  shook my head, "I'll get on it." He told me. After making a few phone calls I went to go and see Kayleigh and remind her about dinner with my parents I sniffed the air and I caught her scent she was just in the other room I turned the corner and what I saw made my blood boil it was one of my guards he had her pained against the wall and was sliding his hand up her thigh.

"Get off me." She spat as she kneed him I the stomach he grunted but didn't move I saw her notice something on the table next to her I focused to what she saw and it as a set of keys she grabbed it and stabbed it into the back of his neck he screamed and loosens his grip on her she yanked her wrists free and I speed over to the guard and punched him in the face "Wha-what the hell Alpha." He spat as the blood from his now bleeding lip. I hit him again and again until he was on the ground cradling his face.

"Ever lay a hand on MY mate again and I will kill you!" I spat as I walked towards Kayleigh and embraced  her 

"its time to get ready for the dinner with my parents I have linked my sister to help you prepare for tonight." she nodded as I lead her upstairs so she can bathe and relax.

KAYLEIGH POV

 Stepping out of the bathroom with my undergarments on I saw Karlee sitting on my bed I gasped and ran into the bathroom to get a towel she laughed as she said "My bad I should have knocked."

"It's okay." I responded, my cheeks still on fire.

 "So what are you going to wear?" She spoke to herself as she looked through the clothes in my walk-in closet, "Ah! Found it!" She hollers she came out with a beautiful black dress with small designs perfect do the occasion she looked for the shoes to go with and we decided on some black flats she took out the curling wand and started her magic on my hair after she finished she started on my makeup which consisted of a light foundation eyeliner mascara and a dark red lipstick I was all dolled up when Xavier called me down for dinner the nerves set in as I descended the staircase. Karlee following behind me.

I entered the dining room, and I saw an older looking, Xavier, he had a serious face in and was standing next to a petite lady she was stunning a small figure but it was a figure to die for she has the same hair Karlee a light blond consistency I gripped onto Xavier's hand as we approached the couple.

I smiled shyly at the couple the lady pulled me into her chest, "Welcome to the family sweetheart." She beamed I laughed nervously, glancing at Xavier. He just laughed at us.

We took our seats, and we waited for food. We discussed our lives; I didn't tell them about my past, I just said I had a difficult one. Everything was fine until Paula, Xaviers mum spoke up.

"Sweetie what happened to your arm."  I tensed nervously glancing at Xavier. His dad growled at him..

"You hurt her?" He muttered angrily, Xavier's eyes widened, and he shook his head shock eveident on his face.

"What!" He screeched. "Of course I didn't. I would never lay a hand on my mate!" He yelled incredulously. I bit back a laugh at the look of total outrage on his face.

"He's telling the truth, it was my fault, pro tip actually looks down when you are cutting vegetables." I said, laughing lightly. Paula smiled at me before the topic was changed. I looked at Xavier he still looked stunned at the acuasation. 

After that the night flew by pretty quickly and it was now time for Paula and Jacob to leave she and Xavier promised me that we could see each other again dragged myself up the stairs Xavier behind me I stood at the door of my room. "Can I stay with you again? I don't get the drams so bad when I'm with you." I whispered, looking at the floor. He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers. 

"Of course you can." He said softly. He pushed the door to his room open, and we walked inside. He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a shirt. I smiled at him as he handed it to me. I slipped into the bathroom and changed into his shirt. When I had done my nightly routine, I got into the bed waiting for Xavier to finish in the bathroom. He turned out the light and slipped into the bed next to me. I turned to face him, I placed my head on his chest, the drum of his heartbeat soothed me and soon enough I was asleep.

*******************

So she met his family :)