Escape

Kayleigh's POV

Waking up to a loud growl. Immense power radiated off it. The Alpha seems really mad I have got to get out of here now because I don't think I will survive another beating. This time my luck would undoubtedly run out.

"Let me take full control, Kayleigh, I can help us escape." My wolf suggested.

"Are you sure? Are you strong enough?" I asked worriedly, she nodded.

"I'm sure." She said confidently.

 I sighed and let her.  I could still see what she was doing, I just have no control over her actions.

 She started banging on the attic door about 10 seconds of banging the door opened revealing the two lower-ranked guards, "Stop that you little bitch." Without warning, she lunged at one guard. He hadn't expected it, so he had no time to react. She punched him so hard she would have made Rose Hathaway very proud. He staggered back. The other guard that was with him lunged at us, tackling us to the ground. She recognised him. He was the guard that made her kiss his boot in front of most of the pack for accidentally dropping and breaking a glass cup. My wolf brought her knee up and smashed it into his groin whilst his face contorted with pain as he grunted and fell on top of her, holding his now injured nether regions. She pushed his heavy body off her and stood up just as the other guard landed a blow to her shoulder, knocking off her balance. She recovered a little too slowly, enabling him to grab her shoulder. She to face him and plunged her hand into his chest with a speed I didn't know she possessed. I felt it as she gripped his heart in her hand. The fleshy material felt foreign against our skin. She squeezed it causing the guard to groan out in pain then as she looked him in the eye, she ripped it out. The sound of the organ detaching itself from the body was disgusting. His lifeless body fell to the floor, and she dropped the heart next to it then she dragged the both of them to a corner of the room, to make sure they don't come after me she extracted her claws and slit their throats - both of them, although one of the two was already dead. She was filled with survival instincts and didn't comprehend the fact she had already killed the guy. After that was dealt with, she patted them down for anything useful, like a weapon, but there was nothing. Then she began to look around for an exit.

I snuck down on to the second floor. Everyone was either training or if they're an unmated female; they have a meeting with Alpha Xavier, which meant I was going to get caught if I go this way. I probably should have thought about that before stupidly coming down here.

Climbing back up into the attic looking around for the small window I often look out of to get a glimpse of the outside world she spotted it, it was tiny but because we were severely malnourished, we could fit. Jumping down onto a ledge, she walked around so she was on the east side of the packhouse. She jumped off, but as she did, she shifted and bolted off into the forest. She was feeling a little tired after the altercation back in the attic, which burned most of her energy. As we got to the end of the territory, we had encountered a few patrol guards. Stealthy, I slipped through their defence and bolted across the territory line. As I left, I felt a rush of air blast me in the face, it was like a breath of fresh air to my lungs I was elated! I had escaped. Now, now I'm free. The wind rushed through my fur and we broke into a sprint, wanting to put as much distance between me and this sadistic house of hell.

I was given control back when we reached a small lake. I took a drink from the lake and once I'm satisfied and no longer thirsty; I begin to run hopefully in the direction of a new kinder pack one that doesn't hurt me, one that accepts me, one where I won't need to be locked in an attic, one where I can be me and not look over my shoulder in fear of being hurt I just want to be happy. I used to think that happiness was overrated because if you told me three years ago, I would have escaped so I can have a better life, I would have probably laughed in your face. Then start to cry at the realisation my life wasn't going to get any better.

I was running, but I was beginning to get tired because of my bad health. It takes a toll on my body, and that's a toll I don't want it to take.

I would give anything for a semi-decent life, a life where I have no horrible scars or burn marks. I just want to be a free woman. I hate myself for not keeping myself pure for my mate. I mean that's even if I have one Alpha Ryan said, "I don't deserve a mate because I'm a worthless slut and if I did, he would reject me because I'm ugly and don't deserve love because I killed my father.".

I did not! Kill my dad, I loved him dearly. It was those bloodthirsty rogues. I miss my dad every day he was the only one who would have stuck by me and he would have stood up to Alpha Ryan and maybe If I didn't ask him to go on a run he wouldn't have been killed and I wouldn't have been blamed and abused for his death. If I could change the past, I would in a heartbeat.

I was running for about an hour before I ran into what I think was a wall. My wolf let out a whimper but when his scent drifted into my nose. My heart leapt into an excited frenzy. He smelled like fresh rain with a hint of vanilla "mate" I spoke, and I drifted off into the darkness that was waiting for me.

A lot happened in this chapter!

She escaped and Xavier found her! Yay 

I hope you're liking the story so far I'm so happy at all the positive feedback I've gotten from you guys so, thank you!!