Effects Of Last Night !

TRIGGER WARNING AHEAD. There are some topics in this chapter that may not be suitable to younger viewers. Please skip this chapter if this applies to you x

KAYLEIGH'S POV

Dream

"Kayleigh, I'll get you," his demonic voice rang in my out Alpha Ryan has found me and he is now chasing me in wolf form and I don't know where to go I heard a twig snap I hid behind a tree and laboured my breathing I heard his heavy footsteps behind me, my heart started beating erratically "I can hear your heartbeat and trust me Darlin' you should be scared." He laughed manically.

A stray tear slid down my face and I began running I ran to Xavier's office, but when I got there Alpha Ryan stood with a gun to Xavier's head smirking proudly as he knew that this would tear me apart "Move and I'll shoot." He snarled. How did he get here so fast?

"Leave him alone!" I screamed, tears filling my eyes "Why are you doing this to me" I cried.

"Because you're an ungrateful little bitch! You killed my best friend, I loved Jack, and you took him away so now, now I'm going to take away something you love." He hissed as he pulled the trigger.

"NO, no, no WHY?!" I screamed at him as I rushed over to my mate's dying body my tears fell freely onto his pale face.

Dream over...

I bolted up and out of the bed with a scream. A startled Xavier burst through the door. I ran at him and locked my arms around him, "He killed you." I sobbed into his chest, my fingers gripping his shirt.

"Who what are you talking about?" He rushed out.

"My dream. It... it felt so r-real." I choked out my tears, not stopping.

"Hey, hey, hey I'm right here I'm not going anywhere I promise" He said as his hand stroked my hair, I responded my hugging him closer and inhaling his scent. We stayed like this until I had fully calmed down. I pulled back, looking into his eyes.

"How often do these dreams happen?" He asked as he cupped my face. It hurt to talks about such things that I have kept private for most if not all of my life. Sighing, I took a deep breath, pushing my pain away as I stood up, throwing my long brown hair into a messy updo.

"A lot, but I... I'll survive." I stuttered.

Deciding on not going back to sleep I walked down the stairs with Xavier silently trailing behind me we entered the kitchen and saw two people already there Beta Carl I think and a beautiful lady who beamed at me and Xavier.

"Oh, my gosh!" The lady squealed "Hello Luna I'm Amy I'm Beta Carl's mate." She beamed. It never occured to me that I would be Luna. I mean yeah Xavier is an Alpha but I'm not or have I ever been Luna material.

"Erm hi and please call me Kayleigh?" I mumbled, slightly confused. We chatted amongst ourselves while Xavier spoke to Carl.

"So how long have you two been together?" I asked shyly she glanced over to Carl with a warm smile.

"We found each other two years ago." She blushed. I shot her a warm smile before she took my hand and lead me over to the island where we sat down, I refused to let Xavier make breakfast again. I asked everyone what they wanted, and I made it. Against Xavier's wishes, of course, he still proceeded to help me.

I sat down next to Xavier and ate only half of what he made me put on my plate. He looked at me with an annoyed expression, "That's it? That's all you're going to eat?" I looked down shamefully.

"I'm sorry I am not good enough for you," I mumbled as I jump out my seat and bolted upstairs. Locking myself in the bathroom.

My thoughts were racing, as was my heart. The look of disapproval that he shot me caused up old feelings deep inside me. I thought about all the times my mother held that same look in her eyes, and the way my former friends and pack mates glared at me with disgust. I needed an outlet... desperately. And that is when I spotted a razor I rushed over to it and held it in my hand which started shaking violently. I pulled out the blade and held it up.

The familiar feeling of what I was about to do rushed through me as I pressed the cold metal against my warm skin and slowly dragged it down when I heard a loud bang on the door I jumped and cut too deep blood started spewing out of my arm.

Stupidly I remembered that we marked each other so, he can feel my pain the door slammed open and a very furious Xavier barged in he said nothing as he came over to me and grabbed my now bleeding arm I sucked the air in between my teeth as he picked me up and took me to see the pack doctor.

I got bandaged up and Xavier kept looking at me with cold, angry eyes, the same eyes as my mum looked at me with the day my father passed that look alone brought back the memories that I fight so hard to forget finding my voice.

"Could you please stop looking at me the way they did," I whispered out "I know you don't get why I have done this, but it's the only thing that is familiar to me. Pain is all I've felt for as long as I can remember. I bleed just to know I'm alive because I'm broken, used and I've been through things that you'll never be able to comprehend as much as you try you don't get it. You have a perfect life and all I'm doing is causing you trouble. Just reject me and free yourself from my baggage." I spoke, my voice not once wavering he slammed his hands on his desk and glared at me, his wolf beginning to shine through.

"I've told you that will never happen," he growled, "I don't know what you've been through, but I want to find out. I want to know each and every detail, so I can replace them with more and more good ones. Can't you see I'm trying to understand you, but you trying to kill yourself hurts me because if you die I die. I will not and cannot live without you, Kayleigh." He was standing so close to me I could hear his angry heartbeat pumping his blood around his body I stared up at him, vulnerability leaked from my eyes.

"I am scared, bruised, mentally broken. Hell, I'm not even pure. How could you possibly grow to love something this damaged Xavier? I'm like a used toy that nobody wants or loves and nothing you can say or do to change all the messed up things about me. And I wasn't trying to kill myself, I didn't intend to cut so deep." I yelled, hot tears falling down my face.

He growled at me he pushed me back into the wall and claimed my lips with his own he pulled away "You're perfect," he growled to my ear "and I'm going to use every second of our time together reminding you until it sticks," he kissed me again "I promise." He whispered.

**********************

An emotional chapter I know...