She's gone

Xavier's POV

I was getting restless because I couldn't find her; I linked Carl if he knew where she was. "Carl, have you seen Kayleigh?" 

"Well, I got her a glass of water and went to the meeting when I got back she had gone so I figured she went to your room." He replied causing me to growl.

"And you didn't think to check." I growled through the link.

"I-I'm sorry, Alpha."  He stuttered, I huffed and closed the link. Racing to my room, I stumbled through the door, fumbling with the handle. Anxiousness filled me, leaving no room for rationality. My eyes scanned the room fiercely. The fact that it was empty frightened me. Glancing at my bed, I came across a note, it read...

"Xavier, by the time you will have found this I will be long gone. Before you even you even think it, I didn't leave because of you. You did nothing but care for me and my past has followed me here and for that I'm truly sorry but I can't find it in me to forgive myself I didn't want Alpha Ryan to kill off another of your pack members because I am here I know that they mean the world to you because you are a great Alpha and I'm not worth the lives of the people you grew up fighting aside. I'm just not good enough for that to happen, I am now a rogue, I'm not going back to them and really, it's just a waiting game to see who finds me first YOU or HIM. I'm sorry, Avie.

Yours truly Kayleigh xx

P.S. it broke my heart to leave, but I couldn't stay there and let innocent people die."

My tears dropped onto the paper as I sobbed for the loss of my mate I hate the fact that she is alone and vulnerable but while she's out, there I'm vulnerable if my enemy's catch wind of this they are going to hunt her and the fear of losing her before she and I could truly live a happy life made me blind with rage. I'm going to find her then, I will kill Ryan, but that meant I had to find my Luna as sooner rather than later.

I informed the pack of the current situation and they let out howls of sadness which pained me to hear. I shifted and bolted into the trees I felt her open her link to me because I kept on pushing and I guess it got annoying "I got your note where are yo-"  She cut me off that angered me beyond words, I was angry at myself the most for letting her go. I honestly don't know what to do with myself "I need everyone to come to the meeting hall urgently. You have 20 minutes" I barked through the link I needed to set up search parties I needed to find her.

The murmurs of the pack quieted down when I stepped into the hall, my sullen expression upset many. I turned to them once I was on the stage with a blank expression. "I need to inform you on a great tragedy. Your Luna is missing. I need your help to set up appropriate search parties. We must find her before Ryan does!" The crowd talked amongst themselves.

"Why?" Someone hollered my head snapped in his direction.

"What?" I snapped he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Why should we place our neck on the line for someone we barely know? No disrespect Alpha, but we haven't met her properly to us, she's just a name." I nodded, seeing his point.

"You make a valid point but without her this pack will fall. I will fall, she is my one weakness, my only weakness and she's out there vulnerable and alone which makes me vulnerable and alone. We are united by the goddess herself. So, I'm not asking as your Alpha, I'm asking as your friend, please help me find my mate." I all but begged he nodded.

"We stand with you Alpha." He spoke and soon everyone was on their knees with their hands on their hearts. My wolf stood up, shaking out his fur as he drank in the power and loyalty of our pack. Pride was leaking through the bond I have with the pack.

 "Thank you." I said pridefully.

After that mass display of unity, we began making plans for search parties to find my mate.

************************

Ooo... Will they find her? 

Read on to find out!