Chapter Twenty Three

Jacob P.O.V

I dropped the computer and the phone onto my bed.

Jacob, calm down..it's nothing major..

What do you mean it isn't major? HE'S IN THE HOSPITAL!

Calm down Jacob..just calm down..take deep breaths. In..and out...in and out..

IT ISN'T WORKING! IT ISN'T WORKING!

I began sweat and I began to breath hard. 

Don't freak out...don't panic..stay calm..

"Jacob? You okay?" I heard my mom ask as she walked up the stairs. I heard her footsteps creep towards my bedroom door. She opened the door halfway and asked me again. I quickly turned around and shook my head.

"Jakey, you're pale as a ghost...what's going on? What's happening?" she quickly asked as she came over to me. "One of my friends..something happened to him..." I told her, still breathing hard.

"Calm down..you look like you're about to have an attack.."she told me as she placed her hand  on my shoulder. "Now calm down and listen..do you know what happened?"

"No..I..I just found out he..he..he was in the hospital.." I startled as I ran my fingers through my hair. "Okay, call on your friends or him to find out what happened" she told me, handing me my cellphone.

I reached out and grabbed it, with my hand shaking like crazy. I dialed his phone number..I got no reply. I don't have Ty phone number or G's number. I had no one else to call but one of my freinds.

"Hey Jacob!" Trevor answered.

"Trevor hey, what's up?" I asked, trying not to sound too nervous.

"Nothing really..uh..you know Rayan is in the hospital, right?" he asked me.

"I just found that out..I tried calling but he didn't answer..wait..how'd you find out?"

"I was walking around and I seen Ty bringing him out of this alley. I ran over and helped him carry him up" Trevor informed me. "I'm sitting at the hospital with Ty and G right now"

Trevor told me which hospital he was at just in case I wanted to go see him. 

"Alright, thanks Trevor. Bye" I told him then hung up the phone. I looked back at my mom.

"Wanna go to the hospital?" I asked with a slight smile.

- - -

We arrived to the hospital surprisingly fast, 30 minutes to be exact. As soon as I walked in I seen G sitting down, with her head on Ty shoulder while he watched the hospital television. Trevor scrolled away on his phone.

I quickly ran over to the others and cleared my throat loudly to get everyone attention.  Heads shot up and they all looked at me.

"Is Rayan okay? What happened? What's going on?" I quickly asked looking all three of the people crazy.

"Calm down, please" my mom said coming behind me. "You're turning pale again" she mumbled to me. I touched my sweaty face and grumbled. I took a seat next to Trevor and asked the same questions again--slower so my mom wouldn't snap.

"Right now his mom is in there with him" Trevor answered.

"She came here not to long ago" Ty added. 

"Alright, thanks.." I mumbled. "No problem" they all replied in unison.

I sat out in the waiting room with the other for a good 20 minutes, sitting and talking about random things, trying to take my mind off of Rayan.

Finally, the doctor came into the waiting room.

"You all are waiting to talk to, Rayan Jones, correct?" he asked us. "Yes" we all answered at the same time. "Alright, you're able to see him now..only one at a time. Who's first?" the doctor asked. Everyone looked at me right away.

"Uh, I guess I'll go first" I mumbled turning red. I got up from the hospital chair and followed behind the doctor. I bit my bottom lip and rubbed my hands together. I was kind of nervous to see Rayan.

I hated seeing people being hurt, especially people I truly cared about. 

"Son? You alright?"

I looked up and looked over at the doctor. "Huh? Yeah I'm just worried about my friend" I said with a slight smile. The doctor nodded then patted me on the back. "Everything should be fine" the doctor told me. He opened the door and at the bed I see him mother singing a song to him. Sounds like a song she made up herself.

"Hello" I quietly said. She looked up at me and cleaned her face. "Oh, you're one of Rayan friends?" she asked. I slowly nodded.

"You look like that guy who got into a fight with him not to long ago" she said, scrunching her face up.

"Uh a fight? I..I don't recall ever fighting Rayan" I lied, rubbing my neck. "My bad" she said with a slight smile. She wiped away another tear then looked at Rayan. "I'll let you two talk to each other" she said then looked over at me. "Thanks" I smiled as she walked out of the room.

Now it was just me and Rayan in the room.

I walked over to the side of the bed Rayan mother was on. His eyes were closed and his face was covered up in scratches. His bottom lip was big and he had another bump on his head. The "titty" others called it before.

"Rayan? Can you hear me? I asked him.

No reply.

I looked at him for a second then sighed. I took the seat right next to him and looked around the hospital room. My eyes found my way back to Rayan. I dropped my head and clapped my hands together.

"When I was younger and I'd go visit my cousin who was sick, she said I could talk to them and they'd hear me" I whispered.  "So, uh, here it goes" I continued.

"I..I..I'm still completely  lost as to why someone would want to fight you and do something this terrible to you.." I said, trying not to cry like the big baby I am.

"I'm sorry I wasn't near or beside you when this happened. You know I would have tried to hit back..I'm not as strong" I said with a slight laugh. I looked back at him and lost it.

I hated the fact I couldn't keep my tears in for on second. But hey, what else could I do? Someone I cared about was laying here before me all broken up, cuts all over him and plus he wasn't even responding to me.

Was he going to wake up? Could have slipped into a coma? I wouldn't be surprised if the people who fought him banged him against the head with something extremely hard. If they could brake a arm, they could do something to his head.

"Bro.."

My head shot up and I looked at him. "Rayan? You said something?"

His eyes slowly opened half way. He tried to turn and look at me but he winced in pain. "Don't move if it hurts" I said quickly standing up and looking at him.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be at your mom house" he said in his deep, tired voice.

"I heard that you were hurt. I had my mom come out and see you" I told him cleaning my face.

"You crying?" he asked.

"No" I laughed at him.

"Stop being a big baby, I'm fine" he said with a smirk. I smiled at him and shook my head. 

I'm glad he is. I don't know what I'd do without him..

- - -