Chapter Twenty Six

Jacob P.O.V

I finally made it to the campus library to talk to Rayan. I was still kind of creeped from when I ran into Leigh- Anne. The face she gave me right after she stormed away was scary. Like I face you'd seen in a scary movie, just staring into your soul, preparing to take your life away for ever. 

But, I needed to stop thinking about her. I needed to focus on Rayan and I.

I walked into the warm library. The smell of old books and new ones hit my face, along with the smell of freshly made coffee. I looked around, wishing I could find Rayan. To my surprise, I found him quickly. As soon as I looked at him he looked down and began messing with the ends of his long, black hair. I sighed heavily and walked over to where he was sitting.

"Uh, hey Jacob" Rayan said with his deep voice.

Still embarrassed, I didn't want to say anything. So, I simply just nodded at him, mentally saying "Hey" back. Rayan pulled out his notebook and sat it in front of him. I reached for mine and placed it right next to his. "So, I finished up some of the chapter when he had asked for-"

"Why did you kiss back and kiss me again?" I blurted out with my eyes closed shut.

"What?"

"I'm not repeating what I said, Rayan. Just tell me."

"Well, you kissed me. I..I just kissed back"

"But that's not right. We''re boys..we don't kiss" I replied, slowly opening my eyes up. I looked at his face, he looked embrassed and at a lost for words. I wouldn't blame him for not knowing what to say. "I..I guess I liked it" he whispered. My mouth flew open and my heart began to beat fast.

"Which explains the reason you kissed me again, correct?" I asked. "..I guess"

"You can't 'guess' it's either a yes or a no" I sternly said.

"YES! Man.." he said irritated. "Now, why'd you kiss me?" Rayan asked, leaning back and folding his arms. 

SHIT.

My felt all hot after he asked that question. I bet my face was red as a stop sign. 

"It..it was in the heat of the moment I guess. Like..I..I can't explain myself Rayan, just know I didn't want to...but I kind of did"

"What are you talking about, you're confusing me, Jacob" He said shaking my head.

"Rayan, I like you" I finally admitted. "After I found out you were half beaten to death, it made me realize that I actually like..like you. I thought about how terrible life would be if I didn't have my best friend, my favorite writing buddy, my partner in crime..my everything." I sighed. "I saw you there at the couch just crying, feeling weak and small made me feel terrible so...so I just kissed you. That's when I finally came to the conclusion I, Jacob Perez, like you..."

Rayan looked at me with squinted eyes. His hands were placed over his mouth. His leg jumped up and down, moving the table just a bit. "Ray?" I whispered.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to tell you...this..information and..."

"No, you..you don't have to apologize, Jacob." Rayan sighed. He covered his face for a second then ran his hands down his face. "I..fell the same way" he replied.

"No..I feel like I forced you to say this."

"But you didn't. I can't have mutual feelings for someone?" Rayan smirked. I hid my face and laughed, causing him to laugh too. 

"So, does this mean..we're.. we're 'together'?" I asked, scratching my head.

"We've always been together, we just didn't  know it" he smiled. He reached out for my hands and held them tightly.

- - -

It looks like love is in the air ♥ lol

I tried to be corny and stuff on the last line. Ion think it worked out LOL but yeah..

Sorry for the long wait and the shortness of the chapter. I'll try to make the next one longer.

Hope you enjoyed! Bye!