Love Actually

Ashlyn

I walked out onto the terrace, wrapping my arms around myself as the brisk night air caught me off guard. I was as alone as I could get outside with the other men smoking and drinking their little hearts out. I leaned against the railing, watching the world go by as I stood there, soaking in my last moments of freedom. Tears slipped out of my eyes, destroying the master piece that John created. I wiped my cheeks angrily and walked into the ballroom, trying to be unnoticed as I headed towards the bathroom. I was unsuccessful as Oswald’s familiar hands closed around my shoulders, turning me towards him as he whispered,

“Come with me, Ashlyn.” I took his hand and let him lead me away from the party and into a secluded room, which was intimate. I pressed my face into his chest, crying until all of my tears were gone. I pulled away from him, wiping my eyes of tears and ruined mascara. He reached up and held my cheek in his hand, thumbing my cheek softly.

“I’m sorry I ruined your shirt, Oswald.” I whispered as I looked into his eyes. He moved closer to me, touching my cheek softly. I blushed slightly and looked at my feet, avoiding his smoldering eyes. Oswald tipped my chin up and wiped my cheeks gently with his handkerchief, his eyes never leaving mine. He leaned in a little, as if he wanted to kiss me but he wasn’t sure. My heart thrummed in my chest like it was telling me something I didn’t know; that I had major feelings for this boy. He watched me as I closed the space between us and kissed him firmly on the lips. While this wasn’t my first kiss, it certainly was the best first kiss I’ve ever had. His arms were around me immediately while my hands were tangled in his hair; our lips moved in sync, it was almost like we were meant for each other.

“Ash,” He said against my lips, his fingers kneading my hips. “Ash, I have feelings for you and I don’t want them to stop.” He murmured. I pulled back and stared at him, unsure what to do. I backed into a wall as I shook my head at him; I couldn’t do this. Oswald stared at me, moving closer to me as I continuously backed away from him. “Ashlyn, what’s wrong? Did I move too fast for you?” He asked as I pushed past him and into the hall. He came out behind me and grabbed my hand, pulling me back to him.

“Let go of me,” I said as I pushed on his chest. He shook his head and pulled me against his chest, kissing me again. I melted and kissed him back, enjoying every moment of it. He pressed me up against the wall, his hand gripping my hip. I moaned against his lips as he slipped his tongue into my mouth. I pulled back again, and this time I wrapped my arms securely around him. He hugged me back, pressing his lips to my hair as we stood in the empty hallway.

Oswald

I brought Ashlyn back to my apartment around midnight. She was stumbling over her own two feet as she tried to walk up the stairs. I would have picked her up by now, but she’s stubborn as all hell, just like her father.

"Ashlyn," I said for the umpteenth time. "You can barely walk, let me carry you."... and this is where this piece stops because there is no more writing mojo...