Kidnapped

Bash held me tight against his chest as his friend in the driver's seat floored it out of the driveway. His other friend was in the back with us, attending to Bash's wounds. I couldn't believe what Cade did to him, what he could have done to me, to my baby. He almost killed my little soccer player inside me because it's not his. Sebastian kissed my forehead as the second friend wrapped white gauze around his left bicep. I sniffed and hid my bruised and bleeding face in his neck, cupping my bump protectively. Bash rested his hand over mine and gave my fingers a gently squeeze.

"Shh, Belle. Our little footbal player is going to be fine." Bash murmured. I nodded and winced when his friend touched the wound on my head. "Oi, watch it, Mate."

"Sorry, Bash, Belle." His friend muttered. "I think she needs sutures, Bash."

"Well, we're bloody well out of options here! Cade's on our tail and we have a full tank of gas. Have ya called the Panda's yet, Hank?" Bash called, rubbing my back now.

"Hold on, ma'am." This Hank said to the dispatcher. "Yeah, man, she's sending a couple o' Panda Cars after us. Maybe if I went another five mph over the speed limit, we could get another one or two on our trail?"

"Not with Dulcibelle carrying our little soccer player. I'm not riskin' gettin' my girl in a car accident." Bash said, taking the ball of gauze from his other friend and pressing it to the bleeding wound. I grimaced but didn't make a sound as the two of us sat there, battered and tired. There were a lot of guns around us. I had no idea what Bash was into, but whatever it was, I'm glad it got us out of that house alive.

"I'm finally taking you home, love." Sebastian whispered sadly. "And I'm possibly going to jail for it."

"Don't say that, Sebastian." I whispered, taking his other hand and pressing it against my stomach. His reason to fight to stay with me. Sebastian sighed and pressed his lips to my belly.

"I know, love, I know. Our footbal player needs both his parents. But I'm no longer the age of consent in this state. It's statuatory rape, even if it was consensual."

"You sure as hell know a lot about laws and stuf, Bash. Are you secretly studying to be a lawyer?" I asked, sliding one hand to the back of his neck and tangling my fingers in the hair there.

"No, Hank, Tony and I have our own business. We run a security business. Like, the president's secret service, but open to the public." Bash said quietly. "How's your head, Belle?"

"It's bleeding, Bash, and it hurts." I said. He pursed his lips into a thin line, thinking.

"Hank, Tony, I think we need to get Belle to a hospital. For stitches." Sebastian called to his friends.

"There's one in five miles, we're on the highway and the Panda's are on their way too." Tony called back to us.

"How close is Cade?" I asked.

"He's not close enough to do any damage, pretty lady, but he's gaining on us." Tony said. I gulped and moved closer to Sebastian. Bash kissed my forehead reassuringly.

"He won't touch you, Belle. I swear to you."

*

*

*

We made it to the hospital shortly afterwards. Hank was still on the bluetooth with the police, which were almost at the hospital with us. And so was Cade. The three men had armed themselves with hand guns as we got out of the car and booked it inside. But we weren't quick enough. Cade and his goones had caught up to us as we entered the lobby. He hadn't shot at anyone, but Cade had a gun and shot it at the ceiling, making the full lobby squeal in terror. Bash drew his gun and pushed me behind him as Hank and Tony flanked Bash and me.

"Put the gun down, Cade." Bash growled.

"Give me Dulci." He countered, aiming the gun at Bash. I whimpered and grabbed the back of Bash's t-shirt. Sebastian turned his head slightly to gently shh me.

"Not a chance in hell, Lancaster." Bash vowed, shifting to sheild more of my body.

"Well then, Cuz, I'll just have to take you down first." He sneered. "Boys, handle dumb and dumber over there, and when you're done, grab my cheating whore." Cade commanded.

"Belle, take the gun that's strapped to my back. You remember how to use it, right?" Bash asked as I did what he said.

"Yes." I whispered, checking the ammunition before cocking the gun.

And then time slowed down.

Hank and Tony took less than a minute to dispatch Cade's three goones, but they knew there was more waiting for their chance to show their faces. As Hank and Tony took care of those goones, Bash had himself positioned in front of me still, his gun aimed at Cade's forehead. I had m gun poking out of Bash's side, aimed at the knee.

"Don't make me do this Cade. We're family, remember?" Sebastian tried. Cade laughed meniachally, aiming the gun at Bash's chest.

"Nice try, Cuz. You and I are nothing, nada, zilch, understand?" He seethed as he cocked the gun.

Bash stalled for a second, but I was faster. I pulled the trigger on my gun and let the bullet rip into his knee. Cade staggered back as he pulled the trigger, aimed at Sebastian's right leg. Before Bash felt the bullet, he shot Cade in the chest. Sebastian knocked me onto my back and crawled on top of me. I watched his cousin bleed out in front of us as Tony and Hank handled Cade's gang members.

"Love, look at me." Bash cooed softly. I tore my eyes from Cade's corpse and looked Sebastian in the eyes. "Are you hurt?"

"Don't think so, Bash." I whispered. "But you are."

"I'll be fine. It's just a flesh wound."