Loving Mr. Billionaire

Summary:

Isobel Francis, daughter of a single mother, fresh out of high school, is in deep shit. Her grandfather, the bread winner, died in a freak car accident a month before her high school graduation and Isobel and her mother are in debt. Isobel put off all notions of college and went to work at the local coffee shop.

Zane Carmichael is the CEO of his own business. The oldest and most financially secure of eight siblings, his ailing grandmother is demanding a great-grand baby from him. Problem is, Zane doesn't trust women anymore. Not since high school.

Isobel and Zane meet by chance one day at the coffee shop and Zane gets a brilliant idea: hire the girl to be his baby mother. With a few rule of course. Isobel finds this strange, stoic, uncaring man intriguing. Can she survive nine months without falling in love with him?

*

I locked myself away in the bathroom and called my mom. I needed to hear her tell me everything was going to be okay, even if it wasn't going to be. I'm in love with a man who wants nothing to do with me, just what's inside me. I dialed my mother's number and held the phone to my ear, lowering myself onto the toilet seat. I didn't think my hormones would hit me this bad, but after going to his goddamn family reunion and talking to his grandparents, his parents, his siblings, I felt wanted and loved by a man, even if it was just for show.

"Isobel," Mom said when she answered the phone. I sniffed and pressed my hand to my stomach as his son kicked.

"Mom," I whimpered. "I need you to tell me everything is going to be alright. Please." I begged.

"Oh, sweetheart, of course everything will be alright." Mom said softly, causing me to smile sadly. "Iz, is everything alright? You sound upset."

"I don't know if I can take this anymore, Mom. I can't take being in the same house as him, sleeping one door away from him, hell, I'm carrying his baby! I hate him for making me feel this way, I hate him! I hate him for having the money we need, I hate him for knocking me up, I hate him for being so perfect!" I ranted.

"But you love him, don't you?" Mom asked.

"Yes, I love everything about him. The way he wakes up in the morning, the way he loves his family, the way he's so attentive to the baby and me. But he doesn't love me. He said I'm only to carry his child, and once the baby is born, I can't have any contact with him or the baby." I told her. "And I love this baby, Mom. Ever since I saw the first sonogram, I couldn't take my eyes off of each new picture."

"Do you think he could love you?" Mom asked. "Isobel, I don't want you to end up like me. I wish I had found out who your father was. I would have loved to let him be part of your life. You turned out to be a blessing to your grandfather and I."

"The contract says Zane and I are to have a strictly platonic, and after the baby is born..." I sniffed as fresh tears pricked at my eyes. "After the baby is born, I am to have no contact with either of them."

"Oh, sweetheart, things will get better. Just try and enjoy your last few months you have with him." Mom offered, trying to console me. I laughed half-heartily, in an attempt to sound happier. "I love you, Isobel. I'll call you Sunday."

"I love you too." I whispered before hanging up. I stood and waddled over to the sink and tried to hide the fact that I was crying. It didn't work well, but Zane is a guy, he won't notice. I hope. I walked out of my room and down the stairs. The house seemed too empty, which was odd since Zane gave himself the day off. I walked, more like waddled, around the house, calling Zane's name. Out of no where, Jordan appeared, scaring the living shit out of me. Jordan collapsed to the floor in a fit of laughter, earning a glare from me. I hoped he was wearing a cup.

"Jesus, Izzy! The look on your face... Priceless..." He wheezed. I huffed and kicked his ribs.

"Dammit, Jordan Carmichael! You should know better than to scare a pregnant woman!" I chastised. I bit my lip as Jordan got up and looked at me, mainly my red blotchy face.

"What did my idiot brother do this time?" Jordan asked, reaching out and cupping my cheek.

"He didn't do anything. Just hormones." I mumbled, looking at my protruded stomach.

"Isobel, you may be able to pass that off to Zane when he comes home, but I'm not as naive." Jordan said. It was hard to believe this kid was only sixteen and he had more insight than a twenty-five year old man. "You love my brother." I nodded and I felt like crying all over again.

"I don't understand how he can't see it. He spends more time with me than anyone else." I mumbled, leaning against the wall. Jordan wrapped an arm around my waist and lead me back to the living room and sat me in Zane's plush, suede chair. I relaxed a little as Zane's familiar scent filled my nose. I closed my eyes and folded my hands over my stomach. "I want him to come home. So I know he's safe, Jordan. Do you know where he went?"

"No, I don't." Jordan replied. "When I came in, Zane looked pissed and mumbled something about work." My eyes shot open and I started getting out of the chair. He was not going to whole himself up in his office for the next week because he was avoiding me. I will not go through that.

"I need to go get him." I said, finally sliding out of the chair. I waddled to the front hall and grabbed my purse and jacket as I slid on my Ugg slippers. I got out to my car and started it, cursing the cold winter months as I waited for the heat to turn on. I pulled out of our driveway and carefully drove down to his building. Once there I stormed in and rode the elevator up to his floor. It wasn't helping that the baby was moving around and making me feel nervous and sick, and my heart was trying to break free from my ribcage. I walked directly to Zane's office and said hello to his PA, Lyza, before entering his office. I closed the door behind me and strode over to the front of his desk. It killed me that he didn't bother looking up to talking to me.

"Go away, I'm busy." He muttered harshly, his words slurring slightly.

"You will not use that tone with me Zane Carmichael." I said angrily. His gaze snapped up to me and his eyes hardened. I let a long breath out of my mouth as I pushed my hands through my hair. "Zane, why are you at work? You said you'd take the day off."

"Funny, a half hour ago you swore you hated me, what's with that?" Zane muttered, taking a swig of his brandy. That was his choice of drink when he was pissed off.

"Zane, what are you talking about? I never said I hated you." I murmured, pressing my hands against my stomach. There was no way he could have heard me, he was busy working on baby Carmichael's nursery.

"I heard you on the phone. I went to check on you and I heard you say you hate me. I didn't understand why, though. Everything's been great! The baby is fine, you're fine, you're happy. Right?" Zane asked, his eyes softening slightly.

"O-of course I'm happy." I stammered. "Zane, come home, please. Jordan made a trip out to see us and we left him alone in the house." Zane shot up shakily and stumbled around his desk. There was no way in hell he was driving home. I grabbed his keys off the desk and took Zane's hand. Right now, telling him that I love him was on the bottom of my list. Trying to make it through the next three months was my main priority.